Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I think the Porto coach would be a big risk. It always is when you get a foreign manager in, who doesn't know the league. Just because Mourinho and AVB succeeded (well, AVB to an extent - not won anything, sacked at Chelsea, might not get in the CL with Spurs this season either) doesn't mean this fella will.

To be fair, Goodison is a fortress. We've lost one and won 11 of our 18 league games at home this season.

We don't scare teams to come to our place though we have just been more attacking. Not saying we haven't been great mate, we've done very well at home this season and as usual away form has been our achilles heel, but would just like more teams to be scared of coming to Goodison and being attacked like a pack of dogs.

Wouldn't mind a manager who wants more than just a point away from home too.

Why are people all of a sudden coming out the cracks saying Martinez can do it in a big game environment and Moyes can't?

Because they just won the FA Cup, beating the richest team in the league?

What's Moyes won? Seriously, people need to get off Martinez back and making out he's crap. He's not, he's achieved something most of the managers in the league haven't and that's winning something. You can't just dismiss that.

Yeah, Wigan have struggled in the league. And Moyes couldn't get us into the CL.

That doesn't mean we'd suddenly struggle in the league, or that Moyes at Utd will struggle to get in the CL.

Both would have significantly better players at their disposal.

Last edited:

But their league is poor. Every other team apart from 3 are tosh. So the fact he didn't spend anything to me doesn't make him out to be a superstar as his squad is still better than the other teams around them... Minus Benfica.

Where the competition in that league?

Benfica are a fine team, Sporting are a decent team normally (beat us remember) and Braga are a pretty good team (done well in europe of late).

Europe is really the only way to judge and portuguese teams tend to do pretty well in it, even maratimo and Academica haven't disgraced themselves.

Over the last five years portuguese teams have won more games in europe than italian or french teams, you know?

Because they just won the FA Cup, beating the richest team in the league?

What's Moyes won?

City were terrible today, aided by Mancini being the manager it was Wigans to lose.

In 2 weeks Martinez will have as many relegations as trophies.

That Portuguese league though...how good is it? Where Sontas giving us the scoop on this ffs.

It looks a pish poor league.

"The Liga ZON Sagres is contested by 16 clubs each season, but only five of them have won the title. Founded in 1934, the league is in its 79th edition (counting four provisional championships in the 1930s) and is dominated by the nicknamed "Big Three": SL Benfica, FC Porto, and Sporting CP, who have a total of 76 titles, with Belenenses and Boavista winning the other two."

The league has also been won undefeated by Benfica twice. Porto once under AVB and it looks like they could do it again.

Now that into perspective. 90% of the teams in that league are shocking.

So is everyone still got the Mourinho boner they had when he turned up, then AVB... Now this feller.

Where as say Martinez who has spent fook all, kept a tiny north west town in the league against the odds in the toughest league in the world, and just won a domestic cup against the richest club in the world and got them into Europe...

I'm seriously thinking this Pilau Rice bloke at Porto as it easy to be honest

Why do they do so well in european competition? Over the last 4 years they have had 4 different teams compete in the champions league and this year they'll add another. If you think that only Benfica and Porto have done well in european competition. Check out Sporting and Braga's european record. Theres a reason their league get 2 automatic places in the champions league group stage.

This list of Moyes replacements, to me, highlights how god awful our board are.
We are one of the BIGGEST Clubs in the Country. We have a brilliant team, a team that finishes consistently top 8 without question, but yet, the best we can muster up to replace our manager is Neil Lennon and Malky ****ing MacKay.
If this alone doesnt highlight how ****e our board are, then i really dont know what will.

Why do they do so well in european competition? Over the last 4 years they have had 4 different teams compete in the champions league and this year they'll add another. If you think that only Benfica and Porto have done well in european competition. Check out Sporting and Braga's european record. Theres a reason their league get 2 automatic places in the champions league group stage.

Yeah this, I believe Portugal are about to take over Italy in the UEFA coefficient.

I don't recall people calling off Seria A like another Scottish League now.

either Pereira or Martinez I would be made up,

Mackay will just get heckles he'll think he's arrived at Stamford bridge after Im done with the Redcoat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back