Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do some people on here rate AVB so highly?

They have not won a game without a Gareth Bale goal since new year, which means without bale they would be lucky to be in the top half of the table.
I personally think the emergence of Bale this season has covered a lot of the cracks, and the manager has had an easy ride.

The level of carrying is even beyond that of RVP last year because the current spurs team are not even creating goal scoring chances for Bale, he is just getting the ball and smacking it from range! rather annoying.

They have not won a game without a Gareth Bale goal since new year, which means without bale they would be lucky to be in the top half of the table.
I personally think the emergence of Bale this season has covered a lot of the cracks, and the manager has had an easy ride.

The level of carrying is even beyond that of RVP last year because the current spurs team are not even creating goal scoring chances for Bale, he is just getting the ball and smacking it from range! rather annoying.

Nonsense.

conversely though, Spurs sold Modric and VdV in the summer so have been a bit in transition this season. I think in that context he's done ok has AVB.

Nonsense.

Is it really though? Lets not forget the majority of Bales goals have come in singular games. It isn't like he is banging hatricks in against teams, the goals he scores are goals that win games of football, they are the difference.

From January he has earned them...

1 point against Norwich
3 points against West Brom
3 points against Newcastle
3 points against West Ham
3 points against Arsenal
3 points against Swansea
1 point against Wigan
3 points against Southampton

Which means he has made them 20 points, bere in mind I have not mentioned other games like the Man City game which he was instrumental in because they won 3-1 (more than 1 goal difference) - the games listed above are literally where he made the difference.

So minus those 20 points from their current tally and he have them creeping into the top half in 10th, doesn't sound like nonsense to me. and that is only from mid January onwards!

Last edited:
Is it really though? Lets not forget the majority of Bales goals have come in singular games. It isn't like he is banging hatricks in against teams, the goals he scores are goals that win games of football, they are the difference.

From January he has earned them...

1 point against Norwich
3 points against West Brom
3 points against Newcastle
3 points against West Ham
3 points against Arsenal
3 points against Swansea
1 point against Wigan
3 points against Southampton

Which means he has made them 20 points, bere in mind I have not mentioned other games like the Man City game which he was instrumental in because they won 3-1 (more than 1 goal difference) - the games listed above are literally where he made the difference.

So minus those 20 points from their current tally and he have them creeping into the top half in 10th, doesn't sound like nonsense to me. and that is only from mid January onwards!

Spurs win ratio with Gareth Bale in the team - 50%
Spurs win ratio without Gareth Bale in the team - 50%

Yeah AVB wasnt given a chance at Chelsea, thats not to say he didnt utterly fail tho.

But on the other hand Jose came in and did the job straight away.

Hes certainly doing a good job at Spurs.

And lets face it, hes not AVB or Jose, so whos to say what job he would do, his domestic record is flawless, yeah hes been found wanting in Europe, but hes still a young coach learning the game.

Exactly, he is the guy to guide us to a 4th place finish. I also think martinez could do a job, but with all his attacking football his sides can get found out in defence. Hopefully not here.

Why on earth is Moyes to recommend our next manager? Does Martinez need to be recommended by Moyes? Martinez won an FA cup wheras Moyes has won nothing to date. Malky is potentially as average as Moyes so I wouldn't be surprised Moyes would recommend him. Obviously we can always choose a worse alternative such as Hughes or Lennon

....this thread should be limited to blokes who might realistically accept the chance to manage our club. I've said that Martinez would be my choice but accept a lot of you don't want him. Its going to be a gamble regardless and it would be interesting to know who Moyes has recommended.
The gossip columns are suggesting we have asked Cardiff for permission to talk with Malkey Mc, but its hard to see how he would be Moyes' choice. Martinez apparently turned the rs down and might well be offered a better proposition than us. I just hope this isn't a long drawn out affair with a series of managers turning us down and we become a laughing stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back