Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My concern would be we let this rumble on without any sign of a new manager I genuinely hope by this time two weeks time we have a new manager in place.just. throwing a name out there Martin jol according to reports things aren't good at Fulham and he is expected to leave. Would you take him? Think he could be better tthan malky!!

Why on earth is Moyes to recommend our next manager? Does Martinez need to be recommended by Moyes? Martinez won an FA cup wheras Moyes has won nothing to date. Malky is potentially as average as Moyes so I wouldn't be surprised Moyes would recommend him. Obviously we can always choose a worse alternative such as Hughes or Lennon

Walter recommended Moyes

My concern would be we let this rumble on without any sign of a new manager I genuinely hope by this time two weeks time we have a new manager in place.just. throwing a name out there Martin jol according to reports things aren't good at Fulham and he is expected to leave. Would you take him? Think he could be better tthan malky!!

Yes I think he would do a good job for us he has vast experience. He may be able to get some good up and coming continental players in.

I think Martinez would also do decent job for us. Would have better defenders to work with and gets his players to pass and move, something Moysey lacked in my opinion.

I also think Benitez would make us hard to beat and instill a big game mentality into the players.

Any of them 3 would do me.

Surely not Mackay, would be the must unimaginative appointment ever. You think the football is bad now, wait until next season. ****s sake

Ive bought a few bottles of bleach in preparation of a Malky MacKay appointment...

I'm afraid this is going to be one of the worst Everton appointments ever, one a top 6 club would never dream of making.

Lennon, Mackay, Martinez....

Oh god

Yes but Walter wasn't joining a rival club as manager! Moyes should have nothing to do with the recruitment process for his successor.
Stuck on this as to what is the best way to go. Moyes knows Bill well enough so he could possibly suggest someone who could handle Bill's erm, 'ways'. However, Moyes is a friend of Bill's and may suggest someone who would 'understand' the complexities of the behind the scene goings on at Goodison and not upset Bill in the demands etc. Tricky, shame Moyes couldn't just take the easy way and walk away quietly, no chance Bill has a get out of jail card further down the line....;)

Here are very silly ones got them off oddschecker
Philip Neville
Rafael Benitez
Brendan Rodgers

No

Whoever the next manager maybe, he needs to be backed the same way as Moyes and I hope that he's no YES MAN either like MOyes who endured a lot in terms of funds and kept on taking one step back and one forward and hence no net progress in the last 6 years at least. I personally would like Vito Pereira but if Mancini gets sacked, I wouldn't hesitate having him here.
We need someone who changes the mentality of defending before attacking, of nicking a goal and then defending it for the entire game and end up losing or drawing and later saying that "we played well'. We need someone who thinks we can beat any top team away from home rather than having a go just at Goodisson. We need someone who injects composure on the ball rather than being compact all the time. We need someone who isn't afraid to give youngsters a go when their seniors are ****ting themselves, we need someone who knows how to work with tough characters or how to get the most of their most valuable player and not ruining them by imposing a defending obligation to them. Most of all, if any manager comes in here and doesn't get the funds on a regular basis, HE SHOULD LEAVE rather than wait 11 years. Its about time Kenwright leaves or something turns up.

....this thread should be limited to blokes who might realistically accept the chance to manage our club. I've said that Martinez would be my choice but accept a lot of you don't want him. Its going to be a gamble regardless and it would be interesting to know who Moyes has recommended.
The gossip columns are suggesting we have asked Cardiff for permission to talk with Malkey Mc, but its hard to see how he would be Moyes' choice. Martinez apparently turned the rs down and might well be offered a better proposition than us. I just hope this isn't a long drawn out affair with a series of managers turning us down and we become a laughing stock.

Amen.

Pereira. I ask you, how likely is it that this feller would turn up at Goodison wanting to work with the clowns in our boardroom - a feller who could probably walk into a plum European job?

As magicjuan says, look no further than the people briefed on Kenwright and Co.s ways of *creative accounting* and willing to live by the Goodison Omerta code of keeping schtum about everything finance related.

It really is a narrow field. It's restricted to internal candidates and anyone Moyes can recommend from outside who are made fuilly aware of the straitjacket they'll be working in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back