Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think Martinez would flourish at Goodison. He really had a go at City yesterday, we would never have done that in a cup final under Moyes. There is obviously concerns about defending but I think if the Phil Nevile rumours are true this would be quite quickly addressed by both him and others within the club.

I'd love him to bring McCarthy with him. That kid is a player! And I also think he would give a platform for Barkley to progress into a genuine match winner.

I understand people are concerned because of Wigans league positions but its hard to fathom just how difficult a job that would be in terms of transfers, players wages etc. I would love to see an Everton team that plays the right way again.

The premiership is an attractive proposition to many a good manager.The wages are good to start with Moyes was on a very good salary at Everton in comparison to other premiership managers.
Even Mourinho stated he would manage Everton in preference to liverpool,now am not suggesting he's on his way here or even contemplating it.
Far from being a 'narrow field' as some would have you believe,there's plenty of managers who are capable of and would relish the challenge of managing Everton.

Isn't Mackay renowned for long balls?

And didn't cardiff have the biggest budget in the championship this season?

If Kenwright's first choice isn't Mackay, then I think I trust his judgement over Moyes. Never thought I'd say that.

I really think Martinez would flourish at Goodison. He really had a go at City yesterday, we would never have done that in a cup final under Moyes. There is obviously concerns about defending but I think if the Phil Nevile rumours are true this would be quite quickly addressed by both him and others within the club.

I'd love him to bring McCarthy with him. That kid is a player! And I also think he would give a platform for Barkley to progress into a genuine match winner.

I understand people are concerned because of Wigans league positions but its hard to fathom just how difficult a job that would be in terms of transfers, players wages etc. I would love to see an Everton team that plays the right way again.

I for one has said I would like Laudrup (and still do), but you cant fail to be impressed how Martinez set up his team and attacked city. After their loss to swansea I didn't give wigan a chance of beating city. It shows me firstly, how well Martinez had motivated and instilled confidence in his players (I know it was a cup final, but at the end of the swansea game, the players were out on their feet) and secondly how tactically he got it spot on. Remember on paper not one wigan player would have got into that city starting 11. One game shouldn't cloud Kenwright's judgement, but yesterday didn't do Martinez any harm if he has any aspirations to be our boss.

IMO I can't see the board making a snap decision on Malky McKay. BK knows that the fans will go mental unless they bring in somebody credible. I'm gonna sit back and see what happens in the next couple of weeks. You might find all the names we've been linked with are completely wrong. Step forward Barry Fry!!!!

My concern continues to be the Boards ability to realise the huge importance of the next appointment....get it right and it could be a magnificent period for us as we have the nucleus of a very good squad...get it wrong and it's to the land of no return. Bill needs to consider his value stake in the Club will plummet if he gets it wrong too.
Ive been a big Moyes fan, but he shouldn't be involved in the recruitment process -he'll be an opposition manager so he'll have some self-interest.

Definite NO's for me - Hughes, McKay, Rafael, O'Neill, Allardyce,
Probablies -Lennon, Martinez, Jol, Lambert, Laudrup, Duncan, Pip, Davie Weir, Stuart McCall
Wishful thinking -Bergkamp, De Boer, Hiddink
And if only......Gary Speed

IMO I can't see the board making a snap decision on Malky McKay. BK knows that the fans will go mental unless they bring in somebody credible. I'm gonna sit back and see what happens in the next couple of weeks. You might find all the names we've been linked with are completely wrong. Step forward Barry Fry!!!!

Another thing about Mackay is that if he stays at Cardiff,he'll have a decent wedge to spend, no pressure, a chance to be a long term success.

If he joins us, its sell to buy and following Moyes and not being a popular choice.

God I hope it's not him
:(

Yes I think he would do a good job for us he has vast experience. He may be able to get some good up and coming continental players in.

I think Martinez would also do decent job for us. Would have better defenders to work with and gets his players to pass and move, something Moysey lacked in my opinion.

I also think Benitez would make us hard to beat and instill a big game mentality into the players.

Any of them 3 would do me.

This....

but i do have a bad feeling about the appointment of the new manager..

The Wigan starting 11 cost £8.3 million and they beat Citeh by playing good football.

I want Martinez
We beat city, with ten men, and aren't on the verge of relegation. Martinez would have a nice cosy relationship with Baffled Bill, more love ins and more of the same don't rock the boat...wouldn't mind a pair being swung around boadroom once in a while..a bit of raw anger wouldn't go amiss, someone saying things can't go on like this or there havev to be changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back