Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you not watched us this season? We've played some superb football. United and Spurs at home, Villa and Swansea away we were rampant. Arsenal away with Barkley in they played very nice stuff too.

That was one of my faults with this season mate, villa and Swansea we were out of this world, we only won 2 of the next 17 away games. It really frustrated me that for some reason we pulled back the reigns because we were blowing teams away

Dave Whelan on talk sport - he thinks Martinez should go to a big European club and would not stand in his way but he feels he still has a job to do at Wigan!

I think when it comes to Martinez the issue of compensation is a big one, if memory serves me correctly he signed a new contract last season after turning down Norway last summer, releasing him him from that may be the equivalent of making a big signing - im not wholly confident that this will appeal to our club - while Dave Whelan will want to be massively compensated.

I feel a bit better about Martinez after watching the final

Not my first choice, but I will by no means panic if he comes in

If he does sign, he'll have my full support. He seems like a nice bloke

This. I'm not sure if his style of football will suit us defensively, but I understand all the shouts for him. Works on a tight budget and isn't afraid to attack teams.

I dont think we need another "Moyes". Moyes was great to have when he came in to stabilise the club and make us competing for europe. However, now we need someone who can make us take the next step. Building on what Moyes has done and get us to win those crucial games that makes us compete in europe and win cups.

If that is the case then we can only look at Managers out of contract? the best one of them Is Raffa this is why BK should have forced DM hand over signing a contract or drawing up a short list back in January we got no compensation for DM to help us look for a replacement any manage at a club now will cost us money. I cannot see any one but us only being a soft touch the Dan gosling thing replicated I am afraid ! Let a good Manager go after listening to his maybes of signing an improved contract & find ourselves in this desperate position where we may also lose star players!

Dave Whelan on talk sport - he thinks Martinez should go to a big European club and would not stand in his way but he feels he still has a job to do at Wigan!

Whelan is one bitter ****, he knows he would get stability at everton and hates the thought of him succeeding at another club whereas he knows if he ever got some big job abroad and he failed he would get the chop and could say "well he did better at wigan" tosser

I think when it comes to Martinez the issue of compensation is a big one, if memory serves me correctly he signed a new contract last season after turning down Norway last summer, releasing him him from that may be the equivalent of making a big signing - im not wholly confident that this will appeal to our club - while Dave Whelan will want to be massively compensated.
I could be wrong but I thought he was coming out of contract at seasons end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back