Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The more i think about Martinez the more i think it needs to be him, have been reading and looking more and more into him, hes what we need really a manager prepare to grow and develop a club not just the first team, the infrastructure he helped to put in place in terms of training ground, facilities at Wigan is quite admirable, his input into all structures of the club is quite impressive, to cumulate in a trophy win yesterday is a superb achievement. There are elements to appointing him that worry me, like the fact that there is a fair change that Wigan will go down and his conviction in his philosophy that he is prepared for that to happen in the context of his belief in how the game should be played. But what is a deal clincher for me, is his loyalty its a rare thing in the modern game to turn down opportunities to manage Villa and Norway arguably bigger clubs (maybe not after yesterday lol) to stay at Wigan - on his own terms, it shows a strength of character that marks him out as something special and unique is the contemporary game, showing values that i think have a strong correlation to that of Everton football club and what it stands for.

The more i think about Martinez the more i think it needs to be him, have been reading and looking more and more into him, hes what we need really a manager prepare to grow and develop a club not just the first team, the infrastructure he helped to put in place in terms of training ground, facilities at Wigan is quite admirable, his input into all structures of the club is quite impressive, to cumulate in a trophy win yesterday is a superb achievement. There are elements to appointing him that worry me, like the fact that there is a fair change that Wigan will go down and his conviction in his philosophy that he is prepared for that to happen in the context of his belief in how the game should be played. But what is a deal clincher for me, is his loyalty its a rare thing in the modern game to turn down opportunities to manage Villa and Norway arguably bigger clubs (maybe not after yesterday lol) to stay at Wigan - on his own terms, it shows a strength of character that marks him out as something special and unique is the contemporary game, showing values that i think have a strong correlation to that of Everton football club and what it stands for.

He wants the job. You can see it when they asked him at the end of the final and he just deflected. Whelan knows this too and just wants some compo.

Any manager considering the Everton job should consider it a singular honour to be in charge at this wonderful club. And no advice from Mr Moyes please as he is now a rival manager. Perhaps I'm cynical but he may recommend someone like Malky to ensure that the new manager doesn't show him up. Our affairs are no longer any of his business.

He wants the job. You can see it when they asked him at the end of the final and he just deflected. Whelan knows this too and just wants some compo.

I think hes interested mate, like with Villa and Norway he will want to discuss it with Bill - lets see if Bill is the best man in the world to sell Everton football club (gulp).

* Just did a google he signed a three year contract after truning down Villa in 2011, runs to June 2014 - so he has another year remaining.

Last edited:
Any manager considering the Everton job should consider it a singular honour to be in charge at this wonderful club. And no advice from Mr Moyes please as he is now a rival manager. Perhaps I'm cynical but he may recommend someone like Malky to ensure that the new manager doesn't show him up. Our affairs are no longer any of his business.

...I think this is a bit of a romantic view. There's no doubt that any incoming Manager will be aware of the clubs tradition and history but his first thoughts will be in respect of the players he's inheriting and the potential to move things on.

I respected your opinion on my previous post mate. Something you failed to do. I personally think that saying you think evertonians who want Martinez view us as 'plucky old evertonian' is an insult to my intelligence. I notice you took exception to someone saying 'people like you' on the should Moyes manage the last 2 games topic, incidentally I agreed that he should not be in charge.

Who do you realistically suggest takes charge?
do you mean permanently or for these 2 games?

Couldn't agree more.

Also, I think he could keep his style of play with the better defensive players we have. Admittedly, they were Keystone Kop'esque against Swansea but look at who he has in his back four including Caldwell and Boyce (no disrespect to them).

We have the training ground, the facilities, the structure, good players which is what David Moyes has built and contributed to during his 11 years here. We need some one to build on this, Moyes has layed the foundations, built up a Motte-and-bailey castle we just need someone to convert into a fortress. I don't understand why people are laying so much onto his cup win after yesterday as the reason why he should be the new manager.

Everton officials at the Porto - Benfica match last night - http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=401322

Imagine...2013/14 season goes badly for United, they finish third, no silverware. Their manager is sacked. Meanwhile at Everton any one of the proposed numpties screws up monumentally and we barely avoid relegation, thus sacking aforementioned numpty. The path is now open for a joyous reunion between Moyes and his natural home, the place he loves best

We have the training ground, the facilities, the structure, good players which is what David Moyes has built and contributed to during his 11 years here. We need some one to build on this, Moyes has layed the foundations, built up a Motte-and-bailey castle we just need someone to convert into a fortress. I don't understand why people are laying so much onto his cup win after yesterday as the reason why he should be the new manager.

Everton officials at the Porto - Benfica match last night - http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=401322

THAT IS WHAT WE LIKE TO SEE

SAVE US FROM MACKAY AND MARTINEZ YOU BEAUTIFUL MAN

Translated:

Everton was one of the many clubs that were in the classic. Contrary to the others, was particularly interested in seeing the coach FC Porto in action.

This because the emblem of David Moyes Liverpool lost to Manchester United and for some time it is eyeing Vítor Pereira.

Is not the only one who can succeed Moyes, but after the victory yesterday against Benfica and have positioned themselves to win their second national title scored a lot of points. More so, whether or not champion, is certain his departure.

A volte-face that seems unthinkable at all, because until now it has been reported that next season was not the dragon.

Sort of makes sense.

The main issue being...... IN VITOR WE TRUST!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back