Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whelan is one bitter ****, he knows he would get stability at everton and hates the thought of him succeeding at another club whereas he knows if he ever got some big job abroad and he failed he would get the chop and could say "well he did better at wigan" tosser

I do wish you'd think before writing this rubbish. Whelan is a clever man and knows how to play the 'game' better than a lot out there. He knows that he will inevitably lose Martinez and he's prepared for it. If you honestly think Whelan is setting up for some childish point scoring you're way off the mark. And how you've worked out that a man who has brought his club from non league to FA Cup Winners and quite a few years in the top league in the world is 'bitter' escapes me. The speculation that Whelan and Kenwright have been discussing Martinez for at least 12 months might not be far off the mark. It would suit everybody concerned if the 'European' club that Martinez moved to was Everton. Whelan is a bit like Kenwright in one way...successful at his core business, but emotional were the football club he 'owns' is concerned.
I would not be surprised to see Martinez as the next Everton manager, and depending on how many of his backroom staff he wants to bring, you could speculate that Phil Neville might be involved at Everton in some way, or even at Wigan
All pure speculation of course, which is the same as every other suggestion on this thread.

That article is pathetic not a single quote from Martinez or anyone else for that matter in it.

Their President last night before the match said that he had made up his mind of his future but wasn't going to say until the season has ended which would imply that he is leaving.
Both the German (Tuchel) and Portuguese (Pereira) seasons end next weekend.

I do wish you'd think before writing this rubbish. Whelan is a clever man and knows how to play the 'game' better than a lot out there. He knows that he will inevitably lose Martinez and he's prepared for it. If you honestly think Whelan is setting up for some childish point scoring you're way off the mark. And how you've worked out that a man who has brought his club from non league to FA Cup Winners and quite a few years in the top league in the world is 'bitter' escapes me. The speculation that Whelan and Kenwright have been discussing Martinez for at least 12 months might not be far off the mark. It would suit everybody concerned if the 'European' club that Martinez moved to was Everton. Whelan is a bit like Kenwright in one way...successful at his core business, but emotional were the football club he 'owns' is concerned.
I would not be surprised to see Martinez as the next Everton manager, and depending on how many of his backroom staff he wants to bring, you could speculate that Phil Neville might be involved at Everton in some way, or even at Wigan
All pure speculation of course, which is the same as every other suggestion on this thread.
You sure about that? He's clearly having a dig at us because we have approached Martinez, if that's not bitter then I don't know what is.

Like you said, he's prepared losing him but there is no need for the too big for us jib.

Permanently
There are two paths the club can choose, the first which is the one I expect, is to maintain the way it has been for the last 3-4 years, and they will go for a Moyes-a-like, wether that is Martinez, Mackay, or whoever, doesn't really matter, they are appointed to keep the club as it is. I wouldn't want that, keeps Bill in control and not threatened. I would prefer to see something that would raise an eyebrow or two, create a stir. Pereira could do that maybe, Bilic too. There are too many unknowns for ordinary supporters like us to be able to put a realistic candidate forward, if we had to pay compensation how much of an affect would that have on transfer budget etc etc. I want a decision to be with a sense of direction and a plan for moving forward, and I have zero faith in Kenwright doing that. edit Tuchel was another name I forgot, but imho German football is the model to follow over the next few years, there was a reason Moyes was considering it

Last edited:
We have the training ground, the facilities, the structure, good players which is what David Moyes has built and contributed to during his 11 years here. We need some one to build on this, Moyes has layed the foundations, built up a Motte-and-bailey castle we just need someone to convert into a fortress. I don't understand why people are laying so much onto his cup win after yesterday as the reason why he should be the new manager.

Everton officials at the Porto - Benfica match last night - http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=401322

Excellent. Get him Bill.

There are two paths the club can choose, the first which is the one I expect, is to maintain the way it has been for the last 3-4 years, and they will go for a Moyes-a-like, wether that is Martinez, Mackay, or whoever, doesn't really matter, they are appointed to keep the club as it is. I wouldn't want that, keeps Bill in control and not threatened. I would prefer to see something that would raise an eyebrow or two, create a stir. Pereira could do that maybe, Bilic too. There are too many unknowns for ordinary supporters like us to be able to put a realistic candidate forward, if we had to pay compensation how much of an affect would that have on transfer budget etc etc. I want a decision to be with a sense of direction and a plan for moving forward, and I have zero faith in Kenwright doing that.

The same Bilic who ****ed us right over as a player ?

He wants away from Wigan, that much seems clear from the evidence. Whether he wants to come to Everton (if offered) is another matter entirely.

I think he'd be suited by the total control he'd get at Everton on all but the total recycling of sales generated. But the matter of compensation will be an issue for Everton and I dont think there'll be any stomach to see our club's owners haggling over a million here or there to secure his services.

If Newcastle give Pardew the bullet he might end up there, or maybe he'll be offered something on the continent.

He's got a year left on his deal. The compo isn't gonna be all that. And if he wants the job, Whelan won't stand in his way. Hes a bell, but he won't stop him going over a few bob compo.

I do think he wants it. Think he's not too comfortable going to a club who's chairman is hawking over you, ala Villa and the RS.

He won't go the Barcodes either. Turning down the RS once only to work for Mike Ashley? He's too sensible for that

Last edited:

You sure about that? He's clearly having a dig at us because we have approached Martinez, if that's not bitter then I don't know what is.

Like you said, he's prepared losing him but there is no need for the too big for us jib.

Having a 'dig' is part of the game. You've got to remember that anything anyone in football says to the press is what they want the public to hear. Whelan has always struck a hard bargain when selling his 'stars' and is very good at the hyping game as well. N'Zogbia anyone? Rodellega? Those two and more sold for more than they are worth. He will squeeze the max for Martinez but if Everton want him, they will get him.

Having a 'dig' is part of the game. You've got to remember that anything anyone in football says to the press is what they want the public to hear. Whelan has always struck a hard bargain when selling his 'stars' and is very good at the hyping game as well. N'Zogbia anyone? Rodellega? Those two and more sold for more than they are worth. He will squeeze the max for Martinez but if Everton want him, they will get him.
I hope your right, still don't think the digs at clubs are needed, full on bitter belwhiff Whealan is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back