Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think funding is somewhat of a deterrent for some of the larger names. Although we are a strong side, everyone knows that everton are a formidable team despite the financial limitations.
However an up-n-comer from a lower league is not really what I believe we need at the moment, we have moved on from that position and need someone with a bit of experience.

I could see Martinez coming in, seems like the more likely type to get the position given that he has some experience yet it is also a decent step up for him to move to Everton; and although nothing like what some of the wealthy sides have, with the likely sales of at least one of our big names and a bit of other cash coming in a new manager will have some spending money to recycle and play with.

As of last November, Conte at Juve was top earner in Italy at £2.4M - 1/2M behind Moyes!

If Mancini is going to Italy he will have to come well down from what he is now on.

The fact that we are skint for transfer money won't help I suppose. Still, if Fell is to go for 23M.............?

1. Jose Mourinho – Real Madrid (£12.3m)

2. Carlo Ancelotti – Paris St. Germain (£10.9m)

3. Marcelo Lippi – Guangzhou (£8.7m)

4. Sir Alex Ferguson – Manchester United (£7.6m)

5. Arsene Wenger – Arsenal (£7.5m, pictured right)

6. Guus Hiddink – Anzhi (£6.7m)

7. Fabio Capello – Russia (£6.3m)

8. Tito Vilanova – Barcelona (£5.6m)

9. Jose Camacho – China (£4.8m)

10. Roberto Mancini – Manchester City (£4.8m)

11. Frank Rijkaard – Saudi Arabia (£4.3m)

12. Jupp Heynckes – Bayern Munich (£4.2m)

13. Andre Villas-Boas – Tottenham (£3.6m)

14. Harry Redknapp – QPR (£3.2m)

15. Jorge Jesus – Benfica (£3.2m)

16. David Moyes – Everton (£2.9m)

17. Manuel Pellegrini – Malaga (£2.9m)

18. Paulo Autuori – Qatar (£2.9m)

19. Abel Braga – Fluminense (2.8m)

20. Luciano Spaletti – Zenit (£2.7m)

21. Antonio Conte – Juventus (£2.4m)

22. Cesare Prandelli – Italy (£2.4m)

23. Vanderlei Luxemburgo – Gremio (£2.4m)

24. Muricy Ramalho – Santos (£2.4m)

25. Tite – Corinthians (£2.4m)

26. Ottmar Hitzfeld – Switzerland (£2.1m

Last edited:
Make of it what you will, but during that first half the camera panned to Phil Neville and I'm sure i lip read him saying " I'm getting big fcuk off rally seats for the dugout next season "

Wait a minute, just a few posts ago you said the funding issue is not a deterrent.

Not a deterrent for a decent manager, yes. I stand by that. I could never see Mancini swapping City for Everton when he wont be short of offers from his home country. I'm of the opinion that Mancini only upped sticks and left Italy because of their transfer budget, otherwise he would never have come to this country.

Has Phil Neville got his pro-license? The idea of Phil in the hotseat with Moyes on the end of the phone would at worst be acceptable. The likes of Allardyce, Lennon etc. Nightmare!

Last edited:

martin o neill will be offered the everton job. did a great job at celtic uefa cup final champions league knockout. sunderland is a hard job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back