Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

A fanatic of football videos that he adds to his collection, Bielsa on occasion checks pitch measurements by pacing them out before deciding on a particular formation. He allocates separate training times for different parts of his squad. Former Argentine national team captain Roberto Ayala and defender under Bielsa stated "Sometimes we wouldn't see any of the strikers, because he'd have them training at a different time, and it was the same with the midfielders. He's an innovator, and one of the people who I've learned most from during my career."[2]

He is known for watching and collecting numerous soccer videos to the point of obsession. He edits and analyzes each video for each individual player. He also utilizes statistical software and other technological tools to prepare for games. John Carlin, an english journalist, has stated that Bielsa "has the most cultured library of soccer in the world. His resources are infinite, he is a step ahead of most coaches out there, including Ferguson and van Gaal. The man is serious and there is a high intellectual component in his method.[26]

His leadership is based on serious methodology and very formal conversation that seems awkward and odd for players, especially in the beginning. However through these methods of obsessive formality he has managed to convince his players to play attacking football in all teams he has coached. Athletic Bilbao's striker Fernando Llorente said in an interview "At first he seems tough and he may even annoy you with his persistence and don't-take-no-for-an-answer resilience, but in the end he is a genius. he convinces you to keep working and running and it can be seen in his teams' games and practices. He knows more than anyone in the world, he is elite. Once you get used to him you love him."[27] Barcelona's Pep Guardiola called him the "best manager in the world" in 2012.[28] 3–3–1–3 is his signature formation.

What a mental.

3-3-1-3 is the most mental formation ive ever heard.

Is that 3 CBs?

Howard
Heitinga - Distin - Jagielka
Baines --------Gibson-------Coleman
Fellaini
Pienaar - Jelavic - Mirallas​

Lads Moutinho and Vitor Periera have just entered the building

33k3lvq.jpg

Stop it, you're getting my hopes up.

*eternal crying*

The atmosphere for Pereira's first Goodison game is going to be mental. Just imagine the scenes as Moutinho slots from 30 out to win it.

I want the Portuguese man.If we can't get him then Steve Clark would be the best out of the underwhelming list of british candidates.

I think I saw someone on here one time say they would rather sh1t in their hands and clap them than......[enter something you really don't want].

[Poor language removed] off steve clarke.

I may be offering an opinion many disagree with, but I would be a fan of Paul Lambert at least being considered for the job. Great pedigree of the player, British manager and had great success at Norwich. Now at Villa he had a massive job on his hand turning around an aging, financially crippling side, and if they stay up are poised for future success

Im not as against Lambert as I was, but its still a no for me.

For the same reason as im against Martinez, neither can get 2 wins together on the bounce.

Ok, I know who I want for next Everton manager, he ticks all the necessary boxes:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...lub-after-discussions-with-Arsene-Wenger.html

-european experience

-is out of contract so there's no compensation involved

-can win on a small budget against bankrolled competition

-excellent with youth players (was France u21 2004-08)

-is french which is ace, I don't trust these sneaky iberian types

-wants badly to manage in england, has appreciation for the english style of play

-plays attractive attacking football but can also organise a defence properly

-would maybe bring belhanda with him (oh yes please)

René Girard, boys and girls. I'm desperate for this to happen. So he'll sign with Newcastle and we'll get Pardew. ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back