Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brilliant

what can you visualize with those names ?

i certainly dont visualize stubbs with a beaming face lifting the premier league . more of a visualization of worry and panic on his face as he says to the interviewer ' we are in this together and have to turns things around and work hard to stay in this league'.

neville - i can see him standing on the sideline all suited and booted with a stern look on his face as he points all over the pitch and barks orders to his team . speaking to the press afterwards about how hard we are to beat but we have to turn those draws into wins .

lennon - i can visualize screaming at the players in disgust as we let in yet another goal against stoke . then throwing a handjob sign to angry fans as he stomps off down the tunnel. then saying how the players are guilty and its nothing to do with him if they cant do as he tells em in the after match interview.

periera - stands godlike like a bronzed adonis statue as his team pass the ball around to yet again dominate david moyes man utd , fist pumping as everton stick a 3rd past a hapless de gea in the utd goal. praising the players for gettting the job done in the post match saying how proud he is of his boys and its all down to there hard work.

What? We never lost 5 games in a row. I think when we did finally lose 2 in a row we actually lost 3. No way we ever lost 5 in a row under Moyes though.

I don't think it extends to his Preston days, I was just on about his Everton record.

We lost 6 in a row in 2005/06, that was part of a run in which we lost 10 out of 12 successive games.

We then lost another 4 in a row later on in the same season.

http://www.evertonresults.com/200506.htm

For me it's really quite simple....

Theres a few positions we need strengthening.....and a few players who will be into mid 30's soon.....

So we need a manager from the continent who can bring us those players on the cheap or a manager who has such contacts he can find hidden gems for us.

Quite frankly none of the names from the UK seem to be able to do this (or have direct experience of doing this) other than possibly Martinez, Laudrup and Mackay....

Martinez has signed some great players such as Valencia, Laudrup has brought in Michu and Mackay must have brought a few in such as that Korean player.....how confident am I that any of them could bring in a new spine suitable for a top 4 side with also a future top keeper.....well I am not confident at all !

For me, we need someone who is either a young up and coming continental manager such as Pereira who has a history of success (albeit short) or Frank De Boer -- why not ? We're a top 6 team...or Tuchel who seems to know what hes doing in the German league

Failing that a well respected manager such as a Bielsa type or someone whose got a wealth of experience and enormous contacts who has access to source the young future stars we need.

Lets be honest -- Distin / Osman / Anichebe isn't going to be a spine for top 4 and at least 2 of those may well be off within a year or 2. Add in Howard and we will need at least 1/3 of our first eleven brought in.

Walter Smith brought in Materazzi / Dacourt / Bakayoko / Simonsen.......It's important the next manager we have has the connections and ability to bring us a top 4 spine with pennies or the cash from sales.

Who will that be ?

What? We never lost 5 games in a row. I think when we did finally lose 2 in a row we actually lost 3. No way we ever lost 5 in a row under Moyes though.

I don't think it extends to his Preston days, I was just on about his Everton record.

wasn't it City liverpool and chelsea last season?

Me and my brother had a chat about mackay over the weekend... one thing that sticks out about Cardiff this year is they won the championship with their top scorer having a whopping NINE goals. the goals from a lot of different players. goals throughout the team can't be a bad thing.

still no idea who i'd want in charge of everton, but i'm warming to him a touch.

6 draws, 2 wins and 1 loss from their last nine games at the business end of the season isn't a good omen - people rightfully give him credit for finally getting Cardiff up, but 12 points from 27 isn't a great way to win the league

The Cardinals

2BE6752F-E696-5080-99C7BF465A5F219E.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back