Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have no qualms in seeing Rafael take the job. It doesn't bother me he used to boss the Anfailed deludes.

But I reckon BK will simply appoint yes man who is cheap and will keep us in the Prem.

Martinez? No thanks. Laudrup would be a good choice though.

I want someone brought in quick. I'd hate another summer like the one in 1997 when Peter Johnson spent nearly all of it running up blinds alleys trying to acquire a new manager.

I dont think the stewards will know anymore than we do mate.

To be fair to them, a steward and a club coach driver told me and my grandad on the coach to Sunderland (They provided everyone free coaches for the quarter final for those who cant remember) and the lad was sound but told us Drenthe had been axed and we were asking why, to which he was saying it sounded like he had been sacked for carrying drugs or something along those lines (No pun intended and most probabaly was just for drinking). I dont recall him playing for us again.

I think it will be Benitez, he is banging on about wanting to stay in England as he enjoys it / his family still lives here.

It wouldn't suprise me if it happened to be honest. Not one name has stood out to me yet, thats including Laudrup and Martinez.

One of my concerns about Martinez relates to his ambition.

I just get the feeling that he will be ecstatic with 8th place.

We want someone who wants to make his mark through upsetting the apple cart.

Most supporters are happy with 8th place.

As for his ambition: I heard Moyes talk about it for 11 years, but I saw Martinez with a cup in his hands on Saturday and Moyes walking round empty handed yesterday.

Most supporters are happy with 8th place.

As for his ambition: I heard Moyes talk about it for 11 years, but I saw Martinez with a cup in his hands on Saturday and Moyes walking round empty handed yesterday.

Indeed. I can't imagine Martinez's ambitions with Everton could be any lower than old Daveys.

Understand the club are trying to wrap this new manager process up by the end of the month. This is Everton so I would be surprised if we hit that target and we have had a lot of names contact the club some names biggish. We are working through a list of names.

RE; Martinez, If he takes them down tuesday it may go against him because Bill may feel he cannot take that risk with the club.

Kenwright said yesterday in an interview that the club would take their time, and indicated it wouldn't be until the end of the season that a manager would be appointed.

Does that Pereira wear some kind of armband when he manages his teams? Or is that a Porto thing or what?

Would be pretty cool if he had an Everton one! It would wind other teams up and the tabloids would love it.

Talking to people in the Brick yesterday and around me I was quite surprised at the number of people who wouldn't mind Neville as a No2 or even for the top job. If you took this forum as a gauge of Evertonians you'd think it was the last thing people wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back