Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Benitez comment in the press was quite strange, i couldn't work out if he was throwing his hat in ring for both Everton and City:

"But you are looking for a top side or a for a proper project to build something.

"There are two options for the future – to get a project, two or three years to build a team like at Liverpool.

"Or maybe a top side with money where you can buy some players and maybe be challenging for trophies from the beginning.

Probably reading to much into this, don't know if i'd be happy with him at Goodison, he spunked so much money at the RS and when things don't go his way, or results change, he always deflects the blame. Done an ok job at Chelsea, good job with somebody elses team at Valencia, an average to ok job at RS and a god awful job at Inter

BJwgQIqCYAIlo4n.jpg:large

Like in most potential employment situations, it's all about the candidate fitting in to the current business structure. It's not all about achievements and overall record! On that basis I can't help but surmise that Roberto Martinez will become (not my first choice) our new manager very soon.

I would expect him to be employed my Everton as soon as the season ends with a couple of existing staff such as Stubbs or Neville taking a very active roll as senior first team coaches... Square peg, square hole....

I think it will be Martinez.

But just in case I am getting me Rafael Banner ready.

Dave Whelan says we are not a big enough club for Martinez. **** you Davey, get relegated and giz yer manager.

RS fans are bricking it, threads all over their forums about Rafael. It would kill them if he joined us. Look he has a good record, he can manage. The abuse he took of the Chelsea fans shows he has balls. We need the best manager available for Everton FC, like it or not that may just be Rafael. I dont care if he is ex red, the club comes first and if he joins us he is a Blue.

I think it will be Martinez.

But just in case I am getting me Rafael Banner ready.

Dave Whelan says we are not a big enough club for Martinez. **** you Davey, get relegated and giz yer manager.

RS fans are bricking it, threads all over their forums about Rafael. It would kill them if he joined us. Look he has a good record, he can manage. The abuse he took of the Chelsea fans shows he has balls. We need the best manager available for Everton FC, like it or not that may just be Rafael. I dont care if he is ex red, the club comes first and if he joins us he is a Blue.

Got any links for the sake of some comedy?

Benitez and Hughes are the only ones that I wouldn't get behind if they became manger at the club.

People have very short memories in regards to Benitez. Can't believe you's would entertain that clown.

Billy Bingham had us fourth, mate. How fondly do you think he's remembered?

It's all about the silverware.

And I do believe dear old Gordon went one better and had us in third place.

He may have even done it twice.

And how fondly is he remembered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back