Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
people ****ging of a player who gave us 8 seasons of hard work and never had a bad word to say about everton, but condoning Rafael benitez... are you kidding me.

Who's ****ging him off? I'd have him, just not right now, he's not yet qualified to manage a premiership club.

playing devils advocate here, if it was a choice between Neville and Benitez only then I think anyone who puts Neville in charge is taking a huge risk, looking at it objectively you would have to appoint benitez as there's far too much at stake

playing devils advocate here, if it was a choice between Neville and Benitez only then I think anyone who puts Neville in charge is taking a huge risk, looking at it objectively you would have to appoint benitez as there's far too much at stake

It isn't just between them though. I can't believe the number of evertonians that would even consider Rafael an option!

To be fair to them, a steward and a club coach driver told me and my grandad on the coach to Sunderland (They provided everyone free coaches for the quarter final for those who cant remember) and the lad was sound but told us Drenthe had been axed and we were asking why, to which he was saying it sounded like he had been sacked for carrying drugs or something along those lines (No pun intended and most probabaly was just for drinking). I dont recall him playing for us again.

I'm only going of speaking to the stwards/staff in the lounge, You also come across ex players and they have no idea either.

My dream candidate is Tuchel. But if we can't get him I would take Martinez with Neville or Stubbs as his assistant. Say what you want about Neville, but he is very highly thought of in coaching circles

Won La Liga with John Carew upfront, and CL with djimi traore.

And some whoppers would rather have Stubbs!

I can only assume that people are suggesting Benitez because he's won La Liga with Valencia and the Champions League with Liverpool.

Firstly, at Valencia, he inherited an already very good side that had been built by his predecessor, Hector Cuper.

Secondly, the Champions League win has got to be the jammiest cup win I've ever seen. They were battered by Milan for most of the match, but somehow hung on. They also rode their luck on countless occasions in the run up to the final.

Thirdly, for any decent signings he's made he's wasted so much more on flops. This fact alone should be enough to discount him, as we need to be very careful with what little transfer money there is available.

Fourthly, he's a complete c**t!

Neville would be a nightmare of a decision. Wouldn't be the worst as an assistant, but throwing him in the deep end is just insanity. Insanity beyond Kenwright, I hope.

And then look at his Liverpool side where he spunked money up the wall.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-players-signed-Liverpool-managers-reign.html

Doesn't change what I'm saying - he can work on a budget, he has already has been successful.

The core thing I'm saying is - no Neville or Stubbs please.

Do think Neville will be a Number 2 here if Moyes doesnt decide to take him to United with him.

Roberto Martinez - Phil Neville combo.

Do think Neville will be a Number 2 here if Moyes doesnt decide to take him to United with him.

Roberto Martinez - Phil Neville combo.

What a waste of the last eleven years that would be.

Why do people still want Neville at the club, he stole a living here for the last three years. Honest to god, did you not watch vs Wigan or Oldham?

What a waste of the last eleven years that would be.

Why do people still want Neville at the club, he stole a living here for the last three years. Honest to god, did you not watch vs Wigan or Oldham?

He wont be playing though, he'd be coaching.
He'd also help any new manager coming in settle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back