Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We will have a new Manager before the end of the month.

Without a doubt.

As soon as the Season ends things will happen very quickly.

If Wigan beat Arsenal away tomorrow expect a big clamour from Evertonians to want him at Everton, even if he gets them relegated.

Like others, I think it's inevitable we will go for Martinez to be fair. Not sure how I feel about this. I'm hoping they lose heavily so people stop wanting him and we go for someone like Bielsa or Pereira even instead, but I still have reservations about their English-speaking ability. It would be cool though if we could appoint someone with a real pedigree that softens the annoyance of Moyes being at Man Utd.

Porto were the 7th highest-rated in terms of co-efficient for the CL this year, I think, so getting their manager in would be something of a coup. Just cos Dave Whelan goes on about Martinez like he's some God, doesn't mean we should necessarily agree.

Pereira, but i cant see our board going with it, especially as a lot of the fan base is saying martinez.

Martinez with get the nod on Wednesday after Arsenal beat Wigan on Tuesday.

He will make his way to Goodison where Bill is waiting, crying his tears for the new saviour. But then a car screeches to a halt in front a blubbering Bill, and out jumps Rafaman, I is weddy Bwill, to av a de **** on a de Reds. Within seconds flagman have run from analfield and set up camp behind the park end with Rafael Banners. A new era dawns.

It will be Bobby Martinez, but I wont say no to Rafael

Can't believe we're gonna go running after a manager set to take his team down to the Championship and who has been very lucky to avoid the same fate the previous two or three seasons.

What's so special about pereira? He inherited a very good side at porto

Best players sold from under him with little reinvestment, still managed to win the league twice in a row. 45 games unbeaten at home, not lost a league game all season, last 16 of the Champions League, and his team play boss football.

What's not to like ?

Can't believe we're gonna go running after a manager set to take his team down to the Championship and who has been very lucky to avoid the same fate the previous two or three seasons.
Would like to see his record against Moyes such as win rate, net spend, wage budget, wage cap at each club.

It's interesting to compare what level Moyes was at before he joined us. He became player-manager at Preston in January '98 when they were threatened with relegation. 18 months later they won the Division 2 title and for the next three years they hovered round the Championship play-offs. Not exactly stellar stuff really.

Anyone know if the Pre Season tournament in South Africa will still go ahead?

We're due to play Newcastle and Ajax Cape Town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back