Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Best players sold from under him with little reinvestment, still managed to win the league twice in a row. 45 games unbeaten at home, not lost a league game all season, last 16 of the Champions League, and his team play boss football.

What's not to like ?

Sounds good. Right someone go tell Bill.

Best players sold from under him with little reinvestment, still managed to win the league twice in a row. 45 games unbeaten at home, not lost a league game all season, last 16 of the Champions League, and his team play boss football.

What's not to like ?

He's been manager since June 2011 and so though he inherited a team he's made plenty of changes.

http://thinkfootball.co.uk/archives/9870 is an interesting article. And you can find a list of Porto's transfer history since 2011 online in places.

What's clear is that Pereira signs players from a lot of different leagues around the World.

Gordon Lee was a far better manager than what perception dictates. He played possession football as we have today. It is common now to see a team pass up the right wing find too many defenders and pass back to the centre or even the goalkeeper then run up the centre or the left wing keeping possession. I recall from the top balcony seeing Everton do this with Lee and each time Everton fans would groan because they wanted a long ball into the goal area, which 9 times out of ten ended up with the opposition. You do not hear Evertonians do that now. I like Lees style of football. Latchford and co always said they liked working under Lee as he left them alone and never got on their backs. The problem with Lee is that he looked a like vampire and had a awful taste in macks.

Oh I agree with you, BTW.

I look back on Gordon's reign with affection.

But a lot of people don't until you point out the positive aspects of the Gordon Lee era.

Dave Thomas galloping up the wing, Big Bob nodding them in.

Gordon signed Sharpie.....and he was he one whom handed Kevin Ricgardson and Kevin Ratcliffe their debuts.

You know, I think it's time Gordon Lee was rehabilitated in the minds of Evertonians.

For too long we have regarded solely him as the man who couldn't take to Duncan McKenzie.

I can't get my head around the way some of you think.
Genuinely want to have Rafael Benitez as the Everton boss? Mental!
Would you let him have Kenny Dalglish & Big nose Thommo as his assistants?

The Portuguese media don't paint a very good picture of pereira even tho he has a very good record with porto

The Portuguese media don't paint a very good picture of pereira even tho he has a very good record with porto
Because they he done a poor decision in the Champions League by resting Rodriguez? The expectations at Porto are ridiculously high.

His winning record proves he's a good enough manager for me.

He's been manager since June 2011 and so though he inherited a team he's made plenty of changes.

http://thinkfootball.co.uk/archives/9870 is an interesting article. And you can find a list of Porto's transfer history since 2011 online in places.

What's clear is that Pereira signs players from a lot of different leagues around the World.

Well it would seem that Porto get a crazy good ROI on the youngsters they sign. Instead of signing Pereira, can we just sign their entire scouting team?

Because they he done a poor decision in the Champions League by resting Rodriguez? The expectations at Porto are ridiculously high.

His winning record proves he's a good enough manager for me.

His winning record is good at Porto. It's not so great elsewhere. You manage one of the two big clubs in Portugal, you're going to win a lot of games. I'm not saying he's not a good manager. He may well be, but his winning record at Porto is a bit misleading considering it is Porto vs. Benfica basically for the title every year.

Ok lads, quick straw poll.

Everybody type the name of their first choice Manager and I will do a little count up in a few hours.

GO!!!!!!!

By all means keep the disscussion going, but to keep it easier for me later, just type the name in a post.

Thanks lids.

What's not to like ?

Preach!!

Pereira down to 16/1 now.

Furious.

Martinez 2/1 on Sky Bet.

Someone on twitter who's a Portuguese football reporter did say watch out for Pereira being heavily linked to the Everton job in the coming months and his odds tumbling, as he's already told Everton he fancies the job!.

Did get told by LCAB on twitter aswell that he thinks Martinez is the one Kenwright wants though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back