Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
After the niceties of yesterday are all done and dusted I am a little bit concerned on David Moyes having any input on the selection of our new manager.
Firstly on July 1st he will be Man Utds manager and one of the first things he will be doing is looking towards us for potential recruitments so if a manager is chosen who he is pally with it would be a lot easier to do a deal.
This strikes me as a conflict of interests.

This is the man we want. He makes other managers fall to their knees in both respect and humiliation.

BKFyLpfCMAEHxTf.jpg:large

Surely gonna win the league for the second time running, and possibly go the whole season unbeaten?!.

Wouldnt say no tbh, Martinez or him for me but cos he's got premier league experience, Martinez just shades it for me.

I think an unexpected by-product of Moyes moving to United is that is flags Everton up as a very desirable move for any young, talented and ambitious coach as it is a career path which can lead to taking the reins at one of the mega rich clubs in the world.

Not saying I think we should be used as a stepping stone or anything, just that the Moyes to United move could well be viewed that way by the likes of Pereira.

Because we cant afford to gamble lad. If he goes all Juande Ramos on us, the money it will cost to get rid of him will wipe out Moyes' 11 years hard work.
We have to take a gamble on whoever we appoint, I'd have Pereira over Mackay and Martinez.

If we got someone like Pereira in, he'd be aiming for the title. Can you say anything close to that with a Martinez?

For me NO to Martinez, let him stay at Whelan's big club. I can see Martinez having us back in the bottom of the table fighting off the big R, he is very experienced at that.

After the niceties of yesterday are all done and dusted I am a little bit concerned on David Moyes having any input on the selection of our new manager.
Firstly on July 1st he will be Man Utds manager and one of the first things he will be doing is looking towards us for potential recruitments so if a manager is chosen who he is pally with it would be a lot easier to do a deal.
This strikes me as a conflict of interests.

I think it's a disgrace, to be honest.

Cronyism.

Why should any outgoing manager have any say so on who replaces him? It's not a coronation for one of his mates; it's an exercise in bringing the best candidate in regardless of who Moyes thinks that would be.

That feller should just frig off to United asap and keep his mouth shut.

Weren't Bingham and Lee notorious spendthrifts? I think that's the immediate distinction right off the bat, I mean we broke transfer record fees for Dobson and Latchford. And we were a team that had ran away with the league only a few years before.

And if you wanted any further indication of how utterly incomparable the two eras are when it comes to success and failures, our league placings went:
1970 1st
1971 14th
1972 15th
1973 17th

Never in a millions years would a title winning team today then fail to finish in the top 10 for the next 3 seasons.
They would if they went into administration.

We have to take a gamble on whoever we appoint, I'd have Pereira over Mackay and Martinez.

Same here mikey, wouldn't mind Neville staying at the club in some capacity though as a link between the management and the players as I think he could smooth the transition of any new manager coming in and help them settle in.

I think it's a disgrace, to be honest.

Cronyism.

Why should any outgoing manager have any say so on who replaces him? It's not a coronation for one of his mates; it's an exercise in bringing the best candidate in regardless of who Moyes thinks that would be.

That feller should just frig off to United asap and keep his mouth shut.

I'm in agreement here; I don't think he'll try to do us with this one, but from the end of this season, he is a rival and therefore the enemy. He shouldn't be trying to help us nor should we be asking for his help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back