Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

His winning record is good at Porto. It's not so great elsewhere. You manage one of the two big clubs in Portugal, you're going to win a lot of games. I'm not saying he's not a good manager. He may well be, but his winning record at Porto is a bit misleading considering it is Porto vs. Benfica basically for the title every year.
Mourinho and AVB all proved to be good managers coming from Porto.

So why not take a gamble on Pereira?

For the past 11 years I have only see Moyes in blue either a suit or standing on the touchline. I have never seen him wearing red of any description. Seeing him in red on TV on the touchline will be heart wrenching. Not the image etched in my mind.

Last edited:
After reading what the Cardiff fans have been saying about Mackay I have warmed to him a bit a dont think I would have any problem with him taking over although he still wouldn't be my 1st choice. Pereira lack of experience in English football is what puts me off him

As if Klinnsman would leave the US team the year before a world cup.

Naa cant see it myself either but imagine what he do at our club?!. He take on the mantle that Moyesy as left and revamp it even more IMO. He's done wonders for German football and Bayern in his time there, he set the wheels in motion in 2000 to change the German's ways of thinking and playing the game after some torid years at national level!.

Would be a sound choice but very unlikely, unless he fancies a crack at the prem?!.

Because we cant afford to gamble lad. If he goes all Juande Ramos on us, the money it will cost to get rid of him will wipe out Moyes' 11 years hard work.

Ramos couldn't speak a word of English. We don't even know if Pereira can, but if he can, I say go for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back