Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez with a staff of Neville/Weir/Stubbs/Ferguson would be great i think!
Neville would help him settle in. Weir and Stubbs will obviously help out with the sorting of defence and youth and Ferguson and Sheeds the exact same.

Manager: Martinez and Assistant Manager: Neville... I wouldnt complain one bit.

That's what I see if this Porto manager came in.

Martinez will want to actually manage some quality players for a change and knows the type of players at Everton, so you'd feel he'd be more in they way to add to what we've got rather than change.

If Pereira is that unpopular at Porto why would they want to let us have any of their players and why would they follow him to Everton? I'd want to know a lot more about him before I thought about letting him have the reins at our club.

I don't see the attraction of Martinez. Going back through his time with Wigan:

11/12 They only won 1 of the first 12 matches, including a 9 game losing streak. They lost 4-0 to Arsenal and 5-0 to United.
10/11 The lost 4-0 at home to Blackpool on the opening day and then 6-0 at home to Chelsea. Man U and Sunderland also put 4 past them.
9/10 They won just 3 of their last 20 games of the season. The following teams hammered them: United 0-5, Blackpool 4-1, Arsenal 4-0, Portsmouth 4-0, Spurs 9-1, United 5-0, Bolton 4-0 and Chelsea 8-0.

He's had so many whoopings that it can't be down to coming up against a team in form or individual errors. It has to be something more fundamental in the way he coaches his side.

He is a ****. Ability wise he is the best who knows the English league. I still don't want him though he had no respect on us.

i understand what you mean. Let me propose to you that someone like Tim Cahill is viewed in a similar way by other teams, but is popular amongst the fans because he played for Everton. Does it matter if he really puts his heart into the club if he has success and is paid for his work?

Surely the scouting network will remain in place for identifying new players.

Is there any support for Rafael Benitez on here?[/QUOTE

Some have mentioned him. I dont think he would come for one thing, but it would be interesting if he did! Couldnt care less about the RS stuff, IMO he is the ex Chelsea manager, and he has done a decent job there, under very difficult circumstances.

I promise to leave this brilliant forum in a show of massive faux rage if Martinez is appointed.

I read somewhere recently that Moyes is going to bring his chief scout (Brookes?) with him to United.

That's odd don't you think, I would have thought their existing scouts would be world-class, and it would be foolish to replace them. Maybe if that's true they can work for Everton ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back