Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Neville is going to UTD with Moyes

I have a mate who scouts around stockport for the everton academy, he is a Utd fan but from time to time he gets a bit of north west footie info, and he said the guy who told him would know and that neville will be joing up at utd with moyes, in the past he won a **** load after being tipped off that allardyce was getting the blackburn job days in advance, and he wouldnt lie, its not asif it is something that I would be gutted over.

If it doesnt happen then he has been blagged but I cant see it

I promise to leave this brilliant forum in a show of massive faux rage if Martinez is appointed.

Why though mate?

I mean I don't want Martinez either, but it's not the players fault who is in charge is it?

They deserve outer support I reckon no matter what.

I read somewhere recently that Moyes is going to bring his chief scout (Brookes?) with him to United.

Now that, in a nutshell, is what Moyes problem will be at Utd. Not managing the team, but saying to them that "I am bringing in this guy from Eberton". Like Uniteds scouting network is gash isnt it?

I reckon Martinez has turned down other jobs because he knows he has a job for life with Whelan.

Moving to RS and Villa might have lasted a year or so before the he would have been sacked. He knows at Everton he'll be given time by BK to succeed.

I really want Martinez, I like his football style (we have defensive coaches that will keep the defence tight), his loyalty, belief and his calm confident manner. He knows the PL and can work within a budget. No way BK takes a punt on a foreign manager.

For every new foreign manager that succeeds in the PL another fails. No better than British managers or ones that have managed in the PL before. I for one, don't see the fascination with them.

Now that, in a nutshell, is what Moyes problem will be at Utd. Not managing the team, but saying to them that "I am bringing in this guy from Eberton". Like Uniteds scouting network is gash isnt it?

Everton's scouts are very good. Just a shame we're poor.

Some have mentioned him. I dont think he would come for one thing, but it would be interesting if he did! Couldnt care less about the RS stuff, IMO he is the ex Chelsea manager, and he has done a decent job there, under very difficult circumstances.

Seems to me kind of a shame that the his past job would prevent him from managing Everton. I understand why people don't want him to be the manager though. It might appeal to Bill Kenwright as a theatrical 'Bad guy turns Hero' story

Martinez plays a similar style of football to what we played yesterday. If we saw that every week I'd be delighted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back