Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that, in a nutshell, is what Moyes problem will be at Utd. Not managing the team, but saying to them that "I am bringing in this guy from Eberton". Like Uniteds scouting network is gash isnt it?

I think he's more of an analyst who crunches through the data to send scouts out to look at.

That would make sense.

Yeah I know, wasnt slamming them, just saying that Moyes will do ok with the team stuff, but the infrastructure at Utd is sound, so his problems would come from trying to bring his own men in.

Good point mate.
Be interesting to see what happens on the staff front.

I have no debate left in me for the Martinez haters, he'll prove you all wrong if he gets appointed.

If Pereira is that unpopular at Porto why would they want to let us have any of their players and why would they follow him to Everton? I'd want to know a lot more about him before I thought about letting him have the reins at our club.

I don't see the attraction of Martinez. Going back through his time with Wigan:

11/12 They only won 1 of the first 12 matches, including a 9 game losing streak. They lost 4-0 to Arsenal and 5-0 to United.
10/11 The lost 4-0 at home to Blackpool on the opening day and then 6-0 at home to Chelsea. Man U and Sunderland also put 4 past them.
9/10 They won just 3 of their last 20 games of the season. The following teams hammered them: United 0-5, Blackpool 4-1, Arsenal 4-0, Portsmouth 4-0, Spurs 9-1, United 5-0, Bolton 4-0 and Chelsea 8-0.

He's had so many whoopings that it can't be down to coming up against a team in form or individual errors. It has to be something more fundamental in the way he coaches his side.
Martinez would be a horrific appointment. His record is simply awful. He doesn't strike me as a leader either.

Martinez plays a similar style of football to what we played yesterday. If we saw that every week I'd be delighted

This group of Everton players have always been capable of playing in that fashion...look at the beginning of the season when they were off the leash and playing some great stuff. The problem was that Moyes always got tightened up and started looking over his shoulder when we dropped a few points and then had them playing % football.

He was never bold enough for us.

If you say 'Moyes will do good at United due to better players etc' then you HAVE to apply the same logic to Martinez, you just have too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back