Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez face will be a picture tonight after the final whistle has gone. IF they go through the trap door I can,t wait to hear the what he has to say after 37 PL games. "it was always going to happen one year"

Royle was punching above his weight with Oldham. He had a pretty decent side that got picked apart for the likes of Irwin, Barratt, Warhurst and Milligan. Wigan are probably about where they should rightfully be.

Almost exactly the same as what has happened at Wigan. Martinez has lost his best players every single year and had to replace them with less money.

In his last season at Wigan, Steve Bruce's side finished 11th & conceded 45 league goals, the following year they finished 16th & were incredibly fortunate to stay up with 36 points - but the salient point is, they conceded 79 - yes SEVENTY NINE goals that season, compared to 45 the year prior. With the same defence.....................

Martinez's lover will then say he had a minus budget of a couple of millions pounds...

McLeish won a cup and got relegated why is no one calling for him, the only difference in my eyes is the sound of there name.

Christ, am I the only one who thinks winning a cup does not make you a good manager? It either means you are at one of the top sides in the country, or you got lucky and pulled out a few performances.

McLeish won a cup and got relegated why is no one calling for him, the only difference in my eyes is the sound of there name.

Exactly. We're taking so much steps backwards if we have to look at Martinez as our savior. I would see through it if I could see Wigan making an improvement every year, but they don't. Every year they're scrapping at the bottom, making absolutely no progress. This whole "they play nice football" business is garbage. You can only play a style of play with the players you have at your club. You think if he took over at Stoke he would have them lumpers passing it out from the back? No chance.

I know absolutely nothing about Periera except that he has just won the Portuguese league. That cannot be ignored!

They also sold three of their best players and didn't have the loan striker who scored 11 goals for them in 2008/09. Logic suggests that when a team weakens it's attack and midfield it will experience more pressure and as a result concede more goals.

Behave, so selling 2 midfield players is the direct reason that they conceded 34 more league goals - an increase of 75%?

It wouldn't have anything to do with his 'style' then?

Bloody hell Kendall, is he on the ale again?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22525518

Duncan Ferguson 'perfect' for Everton job, says Howard Kendall

Former Everton boss Howard Kendall believes Goodison Park favourite Duncan Ferguson would be "perfect" to succeed David Moyes as the team's next manager.

He told BBC Sport: "I think he would be the perfect man and I would really like to see him being given the chance.

"He is the type of character who could handle the pressure. He would have a presence and it really could work with someone perhaps a little bit older alongside him.

"Duncan has pledged his loyalty to Everton by coming back. He knows the game and would prove a very good choice."

And a little balder, eh Howie?

The next everton manager needs to have a good eye for talent at low prices and be able to develop that talent I just don't think that is Martinez. There is very little room for error with our transfer budget

Moyes manages to get us 6th in the league, why did we lose 3-0 to Wigan at home ?

Martinez has got a nifty system where in possession they can play 3-4-2-1 and when they're defending it goes to 5-4-1. Their cup run was all away from home apart from a draw against Bournemouth at the DW in the 3rd round and their significant victories in the league have been away from home. The system doesn't suit them being on the front foot and they've had very few wins on their own ground.

Not what i said, is it.

However, it would clearly have an impact.

The major impact was him arriving & Bruce leaving.

He's a plum imo mate, if you want to laud him as something he patently isn't then carry on, but I've seen enough football to trust my own judgement & appointing this guy isn't going to end well imo. You have a different view, time will tell who's right, as it's looking increasingly like it's about to happen.

You'd rather gamble on a guy with zero Premier League experience and who currently manages in a two team league ?

I'd like Pereira myself but lets not pretend he's the 'sensible' appointment here. He's as much if not more of a risk than Martinez.

That he's won. As opposed to Martinez who has just been relagated from our three club leauge. Lets not pretend like Martinez has done something amazing.

No idea why but I have a really good feeling about this, as if we're about to get a manager that lights us up and we have a cracking next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back