Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to the inexperience of Phil Neville and Duncan Ferguson (who I would love) it probably won't be them. I actually think that appointing from within would be the right way to go but I understand the reasons for not doing so.

If it's an 'outsider' I'd plump for Martinez. I don't think Laudrup would stick around - he wants a European job.

Laudrup is ambitious so that rules him out. Martinez will be desperate to manage in the PL so it looks like a desperate manager and a desperate owner is match made in heaven. Other than that, i think Martinez will be looking for a new job within 2 years after Everton sack him.

Martinez is only 39 as well, thought he was older with experience from this league, also can work with a budget (he kept wigan in the league, yes not this year but he not a miracle man) his net spend is -14 million, what other team can beat -14 million. He a fan of attacking football, he loyal, he comes across as a class guy, he turned down the rs. He won a F.A cup which I want so much. He lives in the North West. He wouldn't be the worse choice for us.
That just describes about 40,000 Evertonians. Not a lot to recommend him by really is it?

Actually, although you were probably being sarcastic...I think Moyes will go down as a 21st century Wilf McGuinnes or Frank O'Farrell in Manchester

Agree completely. He's doomed to failure. There's no way sir red nose will sit back when it starts to go pear-shaped. He'll be briefing his favourite journos in no time.

The best bet in town at the minute is on Fergie being the next Utd manager. The only issue is the technicality of whether he'd be a temporary appointment (however long he stayed) or not.

The only different is Martinez is a manager where we are fans, totally different species mate.
Really? Wow.

So, maybe you should put forward the qualities that distinguish him from other managers and mean he should be our next appointment.

Really? Wow.

So, maybe you should put forward the qualities that distinguish him from other managers and mean he should be our next appointment.
I'm not saying he should be our manager but wouldn't mind if he was appointed. I cant be arsed with another defensive manager right now. Man u hired Moyes, Liverpool went with Rodgers, Spurs went with AVB, Villa went for lambert, what do all these managers have in common? premiership experience which is very important to me when deciding on a manager.

I was all for Martinez but as a friend rightly pointed out he has had several years to sort out that Wigan defence and not done so. Gary Caldwell is his captain ffs. But I'd still take a chance on him.

Martinez wouldnt be bad if he could sort out the defense . I think He wouldnt concede much with our defendce .I wouldnt mind stubbs or neville as assistants so they can sort out the defence . Periera is different he looks like he can get the right balance but its weather he could make it work in the premier league . Who ever we approch we are going to have worries unless you install a martin oniel niel lennon or martin jol type manager who will keep you steady in the league but at the expense of finishing 10-15th every season . If we want to move forward we need to take a gamble

Why is Harry redknapp not being mentioned by anyone???

Please don't come back with he's a crook, will bankrupt us ect...

Judging his man management, tactics, style of play and signing players (for us on our budget) ect...

Was doing a great job at spurs, has done at other clubs, was not long ago was mooted as England boss

If I'm bein honest, I'd rather him than anyone else mentioned!

Please don't come back with he's a crook, will bankrupt us ect

Judging his man management, tactics, style of play and signing players (for us on our budget) ect...

Was doing a great job at spurs, has done at other clubs, was not long ago was mooted as England boss

HAHA Se we cant talk about his weakness then, what the point in that

Please don't come back with he's a crook, will bankrupt us ect...

Are you on crack?

Redknapp spends a fortune on transfers and wages. Brings in a whole new team and f*cks off the rest. Unless you're Spurs and can carry the losses the club then gets flushed down the toilet.

The man is a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back