Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You really believe kenwright will get a top manager and listen to us fans? Are you deluded as him? Look at kenwrights track record and how skint this club is.... And welcome Alan Stubbs

Yes. The fact that i don't think he'll appoint Stubbs obviously means i think he'll appoint a top manager. Well done.

You really believe kenwright will get a top manager and listen to us fans? Are you deluded as him? Look at kenwrights track record and how skint this club is.... And welcome Alan Stubbs

If you're adamant he's coming, why only stick 100 quid on it? Stick the mortgage and your wife on it, it's a sure deal. Right?

What do you mean? As in he's a pr*** and it's a wind-up so don't even chat about it? If so - I agree!

Yep, makes us look completely deluded. Not even worth chatting about.

As for the guy saying someone had put £700 on Stubbs, there is no way he would have got that on with 1 bookie, he would have to have gone around several bookies placing small bets at each one.

Interestingly enough now though Stubbs is shortening across all markets.

Yep, makes us look completely deluded. Not even worth chatting about.

As for the guy saying someone had put £700 on Stubbs, there is no way he would have got that on with 1 bookie, he would have to have gone around several bookies placing small bets at each one.

Interestingly enough now though Stubbs is shortening across all markets.

Bill,s runner has been banned from west end bookies.....hmmmmmm do they have west end bookies?

It might be but it,s his money and his choice.

Yeah, but when somebody comes on here and starts saying Stubbs is a 'cert' and other people start putting money on...

I'd advise anybody thinking of putting big money on this to think back to last Summer when a lad on here was convinced that Adam Johnson would be signing for us, because he had a very good source at Man City, and that he'd leave the site if it didn't happen.

Yeah, but when somebody comes on here and starts saying Stubbs is a 'cert' and other people start putting money on...

I'd advise anybody thinking of putting big money on this to think back to last Summer when a lad on here was convinced that Adam Johnson would be signing for us, because he had a very good source at Man City, and that he'd leave the site if it didn't happen.

Lad, if people are dense enough to run round the bookies because what someone has said on here then they need to take a good look at themselves.

Let it go.

Tell me more about this Girard character

He has been boss of Montpellier since 2009. That was their first season back in Ligue 1 after getting promoted, and they finished fifth. Won the league in 2011-2012 with the 2nd highest points total of any Lique 1 side ever, three points above PSG. His most expensive player was the €2m Giroud. Before Montpellier he managed French national youth teams for 6 years (U21, U19 and U16) He has brought up Younes Belhanda who was a product of Montpellier's academy. Montpellier have been a bit of a yo-yo club (twice relegated and promoted in the last 15 years) and Girard has made them pretty stable. This year they are off the pace a bit but playing in the CL and having lost Giroud and Mbiwa has taken its toll apparently. He likes English football, wants to combine English spirit with French technique. He is friends with Arsene Wenger who has advised him to try his hand in England. He started learning English last year for this purpose.

He has also been managing for 20 years, so not like he's a young up-and-comer.

He's tactically well balanced, works very well with youth, and can succeed within a budget. I think he's pretty much perfect for us.

edit: also forgot to mention he is out of contract this summer, which apparently is a rather big deal to BK.

Last edited:

Not to mention there is one apparently extremely respected source on here who has previously tipped

Shearer to Cardiff
Martinez to Liverpool
Mourinho to Manchester United

Insider info - only one I've ever seen that was mirallas by davidmoyes

if the argument to appoint stubbs is that he already knows the club and players . then surely the smoothest transition to go for would be steve round ?
apparently the journo rumour is moyes is taking lumsden weir and neville. so what becomes of round ?
would a round manager with stubbs assistant work ? big dunc moving up to be reserve manager. it will rock the boat as little as possible , progress will be made by the old boys stepping up there roles , and places will open up to appoint 'new' old boys at the club as coaches (cahill distin etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back