• From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
C3bLUMt.jpg

Not even joking, my entire body twitched involuntarily when I saw that.

It will be an actual disgrace from Kenwright if he hires Stubbs as next Everton manager. It goes above and beyond any crap he may of pulled in the past for me. What has Stubbs ever done to merit managing a top 6 Premier League club, a decent job with our U21's? Where's his trusted scouting network? His big game tactical nous? His ability to attract players to Everton? I really can't believe this.

Pretty much this. Would be a new level for Bill.

Walk into a betting shop and ask if you can out a grand on a 9/1 shot in a " next manager" market without being a regular, monitored customer and see if they lay you a price.

Hint: they won't, it's not like a horse race market. Not enough liquidity and they are too concerned by inside info.

I was in there once when some mong walked in and asked for a price on Allardyce to be the next Newcastle manager, and kicked off when he didn't get bigger odds "even though he could name the time of the press conference".

Up next- our chap will claim he has placed the bet on Betfair. :lol:

Yes, he does seem to have a very balanced and sensible approach. With him having stated that he would like a crack at the PL and his contract expiring at the end of the season, I really believe he should be seriously up there in the top of our shortlist.

When it comes to Benitez, yes, he is very competent and does get results and wins stuff, but it's very simple: It would cause too much of a stir among the fans, like the Chelsea situation times 10. Would cause too much negativity in and around the club, it would just be bad for the club overall. In the current situation we need to stick together and rally the troops so to speak, not create division, vitriol and resentment*. In my opinion it's just a no-go, full stop.

*Yes I am aware that the fans will be divided to some extent no matter who takes over (as this thread shows), but there are limits.

What I posted before:

-european experience

-is out of contract so there's no compensation involved

-can win on a small budget against bankrolled competition

-excellent with youth players (was France u21 2004-08)

-is french which is ace, I don't trust these sneaky iberian types

-wants to manage in england, has appreciation for the english style of play

-plays attractive attacking football but can also organise a defence properly

-would maybe bring belhanda with him?

ALSO

-somehow got Giroud joint top scorer in the league last season

RENE GIRARD

edit: will i get banned for posting this every hundred pages or so?

Last edited:
I could see Stubbs being promoted to a No2 roll but not manager. IF he got it, I can tell you now it would hasten the departure of the owner... so not a bad thing.

Sharp is only quoting what we all know that Martinez does,nt win enough football games so through the trap door the team went this week.

All this thread needs now is for an Owen Coyle debate to break out to complete fumigation.

Last edited:
I could see Stubbs being promoted to a No2 roll but not manager. IF he got it, I can tell you now it would hasten the departure of the owner... so not a bad thing.

Sharp is only quoting what we all know that Martinez does,nt win enough football games so through the trap door the team went this week.[/QUOTE]

what do you mean mate, he either won 25 games over 4 seasons or he won 38, which one is it?

In all seriousness, I do think it would suit us well to get a foreign manager. Not because I like fancy names or am seduced by so-called 'attractive' tippy-tappy football, but because we need someone who is clued in to foreign transfer markets. Every PL club will be much richer next year meaning there will be no bargains to be had from other PL clubs. Yes we will be getting a bit of extra cash but the clubs we are competing against will also be getting that same cash in addition to their already big transfer budgets. We need someone who can find gems abroad, especially when clubs are already paying upwards of 10 and 15 million for Championship players.

I will be fully behind the next EFC manager no matter who he is, but my commitment would be seriously tested if we got Martin O'Neill, for the above reasons.

Walk into a betting shop and ask if you can out a grand on a 9/1 shot in a " next manager" market without being a regular, monitored customer and see if they lay you a price.

Hint: they won't, it's not like a horse race market. Not enough liquidity and they are too concerned by inside info.

I was in there once when some mong walked in and asked for a price on Allardyce to be the next Newcastle manager, and kicked off when he didn't get bigger odds "even though he could name the time of the press conference".

Up next- our chap will claim he has placed the bet on Betfair. :lol:
£25-£50 is normally about the max they will lay in betting shops on these sort of markets (former LBO owner / manager )

For all of you lunatics still going on about the FSW, Graham Hunter this morning on Talk****e reckons he might be a candidate for Real Madrid as Ancelotti has said he is only 50/50 on what he is doing.

You really need to drop this Benitez nonsense, you are making RAWK look like a collection of brilliantly minded individuals.

stubbs is no way nere ready to be everton manager. top bloke top evertonian , but massive massive massive mistake if he gets the job.
im doubtful over his football philosophy , im doutbful he can motivate players , im doubtful he can attract players to the club.
assistant maybe , manager not a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back