Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
on a side note i bet bk and the board are loving this . leave the fans stewing as long as possible over a new manager = the fans not asking where the 24/7 search for new ownership is heading.

stubbs is no way nere ready to be everton manager. top bloke top evertonian , but massive massive massive mistake if he gets the job.
im doubtful over his football philosophy , im doutbful he can motivate players , im doubtful he can attract players to the club.
assistant maybe , manager not a chance.

Stubbs does,nt have the man management skills to handle the players in the dressing room. It would be the first place to show large cracks.

My instinct has been that Stubbs will end up managing this club at some point. No-one on here knows if he has the ability to do it now, but from listening to him he is not someone who would put himself forward if he wasn't confident. Have been impressed with him every time I have heard him talk about the game. If you were looking for probable qualities needed, courage, respect, calm and a good footballing brain, then they are all there. He would also not be in the running if it wasn't a popular choice among the players and staff. The negative at the moment is that he wouldn't bring in a scouting network that isn't already part of the club, but that is a gamble whoever comes in as an influx of cheap imports cos the manager knows them has been disastrous for loads of clubs.
Maybe not first choice at the moment for me but it won't be a cowardly appointment by Kenwright if it happens because he knows the backlash will be massive from people who want a higher profile manager, and I am not too excited by anyone else available at the moment so someone who will follow up scouting that is already been in place, knows the team and knows whats needed from watching week to week won't be a disaster until the right man comes along.

If it was Alan Stubbs I can only assume this would mean that it would be on the recommendation of Moyes.

Let's just hope that it is not for the only reason that Bill and his cronies want to make this a nil cost exercise.

on a side note i bet bk and the board are loving this . leave the fans stewing as long as possible over a new manager = the fans not asking where the 24/7 search for new ownership is heading.

If I was Jon Woods I would be saying to Bill, lets get out of dodge before the wheels come off. He could leave with his pockets full and let a new buyer take the heat on the next new cycle of the club.

£25-£50 is normally about the max they will lay in betting shops on these sort of markets (former LBO owner / manager )

Exactly mate. I worked in one myself for a couple of years part time

People get taken in by such garbage regarding odds and betting its unreal.

we know moyes is going , so announce the new manager asap if it is from within the club.
why leave the fans and players in an uncertain state for weeks just to say 'its stubbs' ?
every day that passes until an anouncement like that is made will just create a angrier reaction and more mistrust in the board.

we know moyes is going , so announce the new manager asap if it is from within the club.
why leave the fans and players in an uncertain state for weeks just to say 'its stubbs' ?
every day that passes until an anouncement like that is made will just create a angrier reaction and more mistrust in the board.

But of course, if it is Stubbs, best wait until you have virtually no chance of encountering the fans for a couple of months (like during the summer months) and hope it dies down?

Pochettino threatening to walk out on Southampton if their chairman leaves. If that happens, he'd have to be an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back