Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez wins 38 league games in 5 seasons?

Cor, that's nearly 8 a season.

Who still thinks that would be a good appointment?

I'll admit though, it would be marginally better than Stubbs, the man who encouraged Wayne Rooney to leave and publicly criticised the club when he moved to Sunderland.

Haha me too!

As crazy as it initially sounds, moyes spent years bringing specific coaching staff into the club. Former players ect all built in the same mould as himself with the same traditions efc hold.

This set of long serving players I imagine could pretty much manage themselves. And with a distinct lack of stand out candidates it would not suprise me if a shuffle from whithin was to take place. I'm even thinking it may not be the worse idea if even on a 1yr basis initially. If it doesn't work or if better available at some point, we can appoint at anytime.

Moyes has already sorted pre-season, has already I imagine sorted transfer targets, youth player plans, departing players ect... And a shuffle of round staying No.2 with a face (dunc Stubbs ect) being named manager it would keep everything going in the direction as before without a up heavil.

Play it safe for a year carrying on moyes plans and vision if you will??
Could really see it happening the more I think about it.

Continuity. Let's get the bandwagon rolling. Stubbs in !!

Not great I appreciate that but for what he's had to work with its understandable.

No it's not in any way shape or fourm. At first I didn't mind the idea of Martinez but the more I find out about him the more Obvious that he would be an very bad manager for us.

It really dose worrie me that people are willing to ignore this just because they think his style of football that failed miserably at one team will work amazingly at ours. I prefer points on the board to having a go football while getting raped 5-0 every week.

What I posted before:

-european experience

-is out of contract so there's no compensation involved

-can win on a small budget against bankrolled competition

-excellent with youth players (was France u21 2004-08)

-is french which is ace, I don't trust these sneaky iberian types

-wants to manage in england, has appreciation for the english style of play

-plays attractive attacking football but can also organise a defence properly

-would maybe bring belhanda with him?

ALSO

-somehow got Giroud joint top scorer in the league last season

RENE GIRARD

edit: will i get banned for posting this every hundred pages or so?

I'd be more than happy with Girard, but we're relying on Moyes to tell Kenwright about him. The situation is a disgrace.

Pic of Dougie at Finch Farm?

Just back from FF. Don't know what Dougie Freedman looks like but took a pic of this guy coming out with what looked like an 11 year contract in his trackie a*rse pocket.

Is it Dougie?

images

No it's not in any way shape or fourm. At first I didn't mind the idea of Martinez but the more I find out about him the more Obvious that he would be an very bad manager for us.

It really dose worrie me that people are willing to ignore this just because they think his style of football that failed miserably at one team will work amazingly at ours. I prefer points on the board to having a go football while getting raped 5-0 every week.

What about have a go football and winning 5-0 every week. The man will have better players to work with, all he needs to do is tweak a little here and there and if it doesn't work he will revert back. I don't think he is going to come in and do wholesale changes.

I was thinking that on Saturday when he outmanoeuvred Mancini and his team and walked out of Wembley with the cup in his hands. I also thought "what a **** manager he is, that feller who's just handed Moyes his arse" when his team obliterated us in the QFs.

He'd be an atrocious manager. Better we get Dougie Freedman or Stubbsy in...or wait for Porto's coach to be installed.

Martinez wins 38 league games in 5 seasons?Cor, that's nearly 8 a season.Who still thinks that would be a good appointment?I'll admit though, it would be marginally better than Stubbs, the man who encouraged Wayne Rooney to leave and publicly criticised the club when he moved to Sunderland.
dont want stubbs at all, cant see him having the respect of the squad, or attracting the right type of players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back