Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking that on Saturday when he outmanoeuvred Mancini and his team and walked out of Wembley with the cup in his hands. I also thought "what a **** manager he is, that feller who's just handed Moyes his arse" when his team obliterated us in the QFs.

He'd be an atrocious manager. Better we get Dougie Freedman or Stubbsy in...or wait for Porto's coach to be installed.

Yeah, I'm honestly surprised by how many people aren't swayed by him winning the fa cup with wigan. I mean how is that not really impressive?

What about have a go football and winning 5-0 every week. The man will have better players to work with, all he needs to do is tweak a little here asale changes.

The man can't even motivate his players at wigans level how is he going to handle someone elses players with egos for us? And I don't buy this whole "but he only managed wigan" crap. He's had some decent players there and the best he got was 16th in 4 years that shocking. No wonder they all leave first offer they get.

The man can't even motivate his players at wigans level how is he going to handle someone elses players with egos for us? And I don't buy this whole "but he only managed wigan" crap. He's had some decent players there and the best he got was 16th in 4 years that shocking. No wonder they all leave first offer they get.

Yeah but he won the FA cup.

That would be because Wigan have for the last 3-4 years paid among the lowest wages in the league and are a tiny club with a half-full stadium.

Haha me too!

As crazy as it initially sounds, moyes spent years bringing specific coaching staff into the club. Former players ect all built in the same mould as himself with the same traditions efc hold.

This set of long serving players I imagine could pretty much manage themselves. And with a distinct lack of stand out candidates it would not suprise me if a shuffle from whithin was to take place. I'm even thinking it may not be the worse idea if even on a 1yr basis initially. If it doesn't work or if better available at some point, we can appoint at anytime.

Moyes has already sorted pre-season, has already I imagine sorted transfer targets, youth player plans, departing players ect... And a shuffle of round staying No.2 with a face (dunc Stubbs ect) being named manager it would keep everything going in the direction as before without a up heavil.

Play it safe for a year carrying on moyes plans and vision if you will??
Could really see it happening the more I think about it.

Any plans Moyes leaves behind should be ripped up. He's the manager of Manchester United and it's not his best interests to see Everton progress any further.

Moyes isn't leaving behind any sort of sustainable system. Everton have an ageing squad backed up by youth players that have been given virtually no opportunities to show whether or not they're capable of performing in the Premier League, and there is no money to make improvement without weakening the team first.

Moyes' 'vision' was to keep things ticking over until he got a better job. His plan has been successfully executed and it's time to find a new one. You'd think he was ****ing Ned Stark the way Evertonians go on about him.

Yeah, I'm honestly surprised by how many people aren't swayed by him winning the fa cup with wigan. I mean how is that not really impressive?

It's a cracking achievement, no doubt about it.

When you look deeper into it though, but for Moyes picking Neville over Gibson, they'd probably have gone out in the quarters. Then there was the draw at home to Bournemouth and just sneaking through in a replay, only having to beat Millwall in the semi when the draw could easily have handed them City or Chelsea, who's to say they would've won then?

On top of that, the 20 league defeats this season mean I find it all to see him as the right man for the job because he beat Macclesfield, Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Millwall, a very poor Everton and a woefully out of sorts City.

Just back from FF. Don't know what Dougie Freedman looks like but took a pic of this guy coming out with what looked like an 11 year contract in his trackie a*rse pocket.

Is it Dougie?

images

this aint true !!!
ive heard the new manager has signed at finch farm after being shown the vast amount of money in his transfer warchest
annette-counting-monopoly-money.jpg

Any plans Moyes leaves behind should be ripped up. He's the manager of Manchester United and it's not his best interests to see Everton progress any further.

Moyes isn't leaving behind any sort of sustainable system. Everton have an ageing squad backed up by youth players that have been given virtually no opportunities to show whether or not they're capable of performing in the Premier League, and there is no money to make improvement without weakening the team first.

Moyes' 'vision' was to keep things ticking over until he got a better job. His plan has been successfully executed and it's time to find a new one. You'd think he was ****ing Ned Stark the way Evertonians go on about him.

Agreed.

For me, Moyes should've been frog-marched off the premises as soon as he said he was leaving. We could've sent his belongings (white flag etc) on after him.

I cant be the only one that has just had to Google Ned Stark*

*And am still clueless

What do you mean by can't motivate his players? He is on a championship budget and at a club where if anyone shows potential then are are sold to keep Wigan afloat. The wages the players are on minimal so if a team shows interest Wigan cannot stop that player leaving. I honestly don't think he would be a bad choice and his ideas would only be introduced drip by drip. Only my opinion like but you have to look at what tools he had to work with just like united must have with moyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back