Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any plans Moyes leaves behind should be ripped up. He's the manager of Manchester United and it's not his best interests to see Everton progress any further.

Moyes isn't leaving behind any sort of sustainable system. Everton have an ageing squad backed up by youth players that have been given virtually no opportunities to show whether or not they're capable of performing in the Premier League, and there is no money to make improvement without weakening the team first.

Moyes' 'vision' was to keep things ticking over until he got a better job. His plan has been successfully executed and it's time to find a new one. You'd think he was ****ing Ned Stark the way Evertonians go on about him.

This x 1000.

It's laughable all the talk of not disturbing what's been put in place. He did nothing that's worth preserving. The only thing of significance that happened backroom wise whilst he was here was FF getting erected...and that had minimum to do with him. It's not a dynasty he's put in place. He's just brought in ex-players like any other club do to fill minor roles.

There's a huge confidence trick being perpetrated here by the club's little helpers who no doubt want to sell their preferred choice of a cheap internal appointment.

I cant be the only one that has just had to Google Ned Stark*

*And am still clueless

He's a character renowned for his honour and purity of heart.

I don't even dislike Moyes that much, but the way people are talking about him really winds me up. Every major club has its dark period, and I want Everton to stop dwelling on theirs and start looking ahead. Moyes did very well and is a much better manager than Walter Smith or Mike Walker, but that doesn't mean we should deify him and allow him to dictate the club's future even after he's gone.

We need to think about ourselves now. The fact he continues to endorse an owner and board that he knows can't elevate Everton any higher tells me that we shouldn't be happy about him having any further input.

One of my mates is a season ticket holder at Sporting. His family are all massive football fans. I asked him about Vitor Pereira and him and one of his cousins came back with these.

is better to have Benfica manager, because he will put Everton to play good football. About Vitor Pereira, let me tell this way, yes he won with Porto, but Porto supporters don't like him, and Benfica and Sporting supporters won't mind he would stay at Porto.

but manager of SLB is much more expensive... About Vitor Pereira, is very difficult to say if he is a good manager because FCP in Portugal is like Barça in Spain, so any manager could be a champion in FCP. But Vitor Pereira have skills because he made in two years a wonderful league!

If you analyse Porto career in Europe in the last 2 years compared with previous one you will find why Porto fans don't like him. In my opinion he won last year, but at certain time Benfica was with 5 points ahead in league.

So my understanding, was Benfica that lost, and this year he could win, but again he won with a last minute goal against Benfica last week and now Porto is top league with 1 game left. He wins but is not deserved like Euro cup final last night. If you saw it, that showed what a manager can do to a team.

Make of that what you will. I didn't know much about him, so reached out to a Portuguese native.

Yeah, I'm honestly surprised by how many people aren't swayed by him winning the fa cup with wigan. I mean how is that not really impressive?

But he got relegated, thats over 38 games and what you should be judged by; he flirted with relegation last year, knew his defence was utter tosh yet did nothing to identify the mistake and rectify it.

Lets give the job to Harry Redknapp, he won the cup with Portsmouth. Or better still Dennis Wise, he didn't win it, but getting a second division club to the final obviously warrants some sort of praise and recognition. How about Strachan for his achievement with getting Southampton there, or Dave Jones for getting Cardiff there.

Congrats on Martinez winning the cup; i'm made up for Wigan.

This x 1000.

It's laughable all the talk of not disturbing what's been put in place. He did nothing that's worth preserving. The only thing of significance that happened backroom wise whilst he was here was FF getting erected...and that had minimum to do with him. It's not a dynasty he's put in place. He's just brought in ex-players like any other club do to fill minor roles.

There's a huge confidence trick being perpetrated here by the club's little helpers who no doubt want to sell their preferred choice of a cheap internal appointment.

What's your money on Dave? Board source secret money to make a big appointment to keep the 'value' of the club and keep "trying" to sell it?

Or, cheap internal appointment to keep things ticking over as the value plummets along with the team...??

What do you mean by can't motivate his players? He is on a championship budget and at a club where if anyone shows potential then are are sold to keep Wigan afloat. The wages the players are on minimal so if a team shows interest Wigan cannot stop that player leaving. I honestly don't think he would be a bad choice and his ideas would only be introduced drip by drip. Only my opinion like but you have to look at what tools he had to work with just like united must have with moyes.

Yeah and his players got bummed live on the Internet pretty much every week as a result of his motivational skills. He took an 11th place side with the 7th best defence in the leauge and in one season turned them in to relagation fodder with the 2nd to worsed defence in the leauge. Did he implement his ethos in football drip drab then.

Yeah your right I thought the exact thing when in there must win game of the season on Tuesday they got tonked 4-1. There cup run was piss easy they only had to play us and city we underestimated them and got battered. City played awfully and still should of won it. People on this fourm make out like he had to battle through the elite of Europe.

Wining an F.A cup and then getting relagated is shocking. He either got lucky in the cup or cares more abou. The cup then he did about the relagation battle he was involved in either way he is not nor ever will be good enought for everton.

It really make me laught. The anti Martinez lot are puting out stats and percentages and facts about why he wouldn't be a good manager an the pro Martinez lot just got he won the F.A. Cup the season he got them relagated that's it really.

You look at that way, others look at it this way: Moyes won **** all in 11 years; Martinez won a trophy in four. Martinez took Wigan down - not a good thing obviously, but an event that could have happened anytime in the last 8 years given their resources; Moyes had 11 attempts to build a solid team and achieved that.

No one can tell me that there's an obvious drop in terms of management quality from that.

What's your money on Dave? Board source secret money to make a big appointment to keep the 'value' of the club and keep "trying" to sell it?

Or, cheap internal appointment to keep things ticking over as the value plummets along with the team...??

Cheap appointment. No 'big appointment' would entertain working under those clowns. Which is why I've argued for Martinez, because he's a good manager and very at times and he WILL tolerate clowns like ours just as he's tolerated that clown Whelan.

One of my mates is a season ticket holder at Sporting. His family are all massive football fans. I asked him about Vitor Pereira and him and one of his cousins came back with these.

Make of that what you will. I didn't know much about him, so reached out to a Portuguese native.

Bill just sent my an email and asked me if you could send it to the echo, to get it written up to squash Vitor intrest.

"In Stubbs We Trust" - this message has been brought to you by Wonga.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back