• From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This x 1000.

It's laughable all the talk of not disturbing what's been put in place. He did nothing that's worth preserving. The only thing of significance that happened backroom wise whilst he was here was FF getting erected...and that had minimum to do with him. It's not a dynasty he's put in place. He's just brought in ex-players like any other club do to fill minor roles.

There's a huge confidence trick being perpetrated here by the club's little helpers who no doubt want to sell their preferred choice of a cheap internal appointment.
That's not an entirely fair synopsis regarding his contribution Dave. I'm glad he's gone, but I believe he has implemented a lot of statistical and fitness tools that shouldn't be disregarded. He was way too reliant on them himself imo, but they are still useful in the correct context.

Everton job too big for Celtic boss Lennon, says Toffees legend Sharp

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...eltic-boss-Neil-Lennon-says-Graeme-Sharp.html

"Who's Graeme Sharp anyhow?" asks Lennon
clog_1709614a.jpg

One of my mates is a season ticket holder at Sporting. His family are all massive football fans. I asked him about Vitor Pereira and him and one of his cousins came back with these.

Make of that what you will. I didn't know much about him, so reached out to a Portuguese native.

So they don't like him because he wins when he shouldn't do? With last minute goals and such?

Hey I can live with that. I think that the Porto fans don't like him because there players have been getting sold and there not the power they used to be so they are blaming there manager instead of the board. Although if he dose come I hope he brings that kelvin with him he is boss.

Honestly, people just willfully accepting a dour internal promotion like Stubbs are missing the point.
We have established ourselves a a fairly permanant fixture in the top 6 or 7 in the most high profile, richest league in world football. We now, finally, have a chance to make a managerial appointment to reflect this.

Whilst obviously we cant conpete for the very top managers , the Mourinho's, Ancelotti's, Klopps of this world, i think we can now target those managers on the level below - DeBoer, Pareira, Girard etc. Its imperitive that we take this opportunity to appoint a manager of the highest calibre possible. Afterall, even if it goes wrong, the likes of Stubbs, Round, Neville or Ferguson would still be there to take over next time. The same would not be true of Pareira, Girard etc if Stubbs took over and made a mess of it.

Alan Stubbs is set to take over the club on 1st July. He is working with Moyes from now til then getting prepped and prepared for a massive job which he is sure he can handle as he knows the club inside and out, understands the clubs finances and knows the whole first team set up.

You look at that way, others look at it this way: Moyes won **** all in 11 years; Martinez won a trophy in four. Martinez took Wigan down - not a good thing obviously, but an event that could have happened anytime in the last 8 years given their resources; Moyes had 11 attempts to build a solid team and achieved that.

No one can tell me that there's an obvious drop in terms of management quality from that.

And don't forget the statistical anomaly that was Moyes's first full season with us when we stayed up with 39 points.

Most years that would have seen us relegated

That's not an entirely fair synopsis regarding his contribution Dave. I'm glad he's gone, but I believe he has implemented a lot of statistical and fitness tools that shouldn't be disregarded. He was way too reliant on them himself imo, but they are still useful in the correct context.

Fair enough point on the number crunching stuff. I read elsewhere he wasn't exactly hands on with the stuff below first team level though. Let's say he delegated well and let them run their own feifdoms rather than having an organic process in motion.

Alan Stubbs is set to take over the club on 1st July. He is working with Moyes from now til then getting prepped and prepared for a massive job which he is sure he can handle as he knows the club inside and out, understands the clubs finances and knows the whole first team set up.

RE your list of his attributes etc above, about tactics? Will he be squeezing in a "Quick start" course in that area before he takes the helm?

Cheap appointment. No 'big appointment' would entertain working under those clowns. Which is why I've argued for Martinez, because he's a good manager and very at times and he WILL tolerate clowns like ours just as he's tolerated that clown Whelan.

So you think that the secret money could be there, but no one who'd command that sort of money would be interested in managing us? I'd go with that.

I did massively laugh when we were linked with the Porto boss.

Kenwright is currently crapping it.

I did initially think that nearly everyone linked with the job distanced themselves fairly quickly and just chipped in sound bytes to be nice about the club. Quite embarassing really, bit like what happened to the RS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back