Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lennon was favourite this time yesterday as well.

They had a bookie on talkDPORT and he read out the odds.

Lennon 3/1

Martinez 0/3

Poyet 5/1

Honestly, people just willfully accepting a dour internal promotion like Stubbs are missing the point.
We have established ourselves a a fairly permanant fixture in the top 6 or 7 in the most high profile, richest league in world football. We now, finally, have a chance to make a managerial appointment to reflect this.

Whilst obviously we cant conpete for the very top managers , the Mourinho's, Ancelotti's, Klopps of this world, i think we can now target those managers on the level below - DeBoer, Pareira, Girard etc. Its imperitive that we take this opportunity to appoint a manager of the highest calibre possible. Afterall, even if it goes wrong, the likes of Stubbs, Round, Neville or Ferguson would still be there to take over next time. The same would not be true of Pareira, Girard etc if Stubbs took over and made a mess of it.

Well said.

You look at that way, others look at it this way: Moyes won **** all in 11 years; Martinez won a trophy in four. Martinez took Wigan down - not a good thing obviously, but an event that could have happened anytime in the last 8 years given their resources; Moyes had 11 attempts to build a solid team and achieved that.

No one can tell me that there's an obvious drop in terms of management quality from that.

Moyes took a relagation bound team and turned them into one of the top7 teams in the best leauge in the world on a budget on sod all and implementing a good defence and the resilience to come back from behind. Martinez took a mid table side and forced them to be relagated by kamikaze-ing into pretty much every team in the leauge. And with regards to the f.a cup win check out Brennan post above it exsplanes it perfectly for what it is.

Oh quick question if stoke would of won the FA cup a few years back would you have pulis? Because then he would of won the FA cup and finished better then Martinez pretty much every year eh.

So you think that the secret money could be there, but no one who'd command that sort of money would be interested in managing us? I'd go with that.

I did massively laugh when we were linked with the Porto boss.

Kenwright is currently crapping it.

I did initially think that nearly everyone linked with the job distanced themselves fairly quickly and just chipped in sound bytes to be nice about the club. Quite embarassing really, bit like what happened to the RS.

Laudrup defo feels that way. He was pretty dismissive, tbf. He obvioulsy feels he doesn't need the Goodison job as a stepping stone and he can go on to a CL club in one fell swoop. He may be right.

Fair enough point on the number crunching stuff. I read elsewhere he wasn't exactly hands on with the stuff below first team level though. Let's say he delegated well and let them run their own feifdoms rather than having an organic process in motion.

Think you're right about the level of delegation-didn't a prominent <18 say he'd only ever spoken to Moves twice a couple of years ago (think it may have been Wallace)?

Martinez however... ;)

Alan Stubbs is set to take over the club on 1st July. He is working with Moyes from now til then getting prepped and prepared for a massive job which he is sure he can handle as he knows the club inside and out, understands the clubs finances and knows the whole first team set up.

We'll see, but personally I don't think a decision has even been made yet, so I think you're being previous by saying this is done, rather than just likely.

Moyes took a relagation bound team and turned them into one of the top7 teams in the best leauge in the world on a budget on sod all and implementing a good defence and the resilience to come back from behind. Martinez took a mid table side and forced them to be relagated by kamikaze-ing into pretty much every team in the leauge. And with regards to the f.a cup win check out Brennan post above it exsplanes it perfectly for what it is.

Oh quick question if stoke would of won the FA cup a few years back would you have pulis? Because then he would of won the FA cup and finished better then Martinez pretty much every year eh.

No, because it's not just about that. We wont get anywhere 'on the next level' with whomever comes in. We just dont have the resources for that. We need experience and we need a good footballing man capable of playing attractive footy and keeping us up. Martinez can do that with our squad.

Think you're right about the level of delegation-didn't a prominent <18 say he'd only ever spoken to Moves twice a couple of years ago (think it may have been Wallace)?

Martinez however... ;)

Apparently, Kevin Sheedy wasn't too impressed about Moyes in relation to knitting up all the levels.

This Lennon chap seems a good egg.......
Agreed. What's not to like?

I can see his reaction to the offer of a handshake from Brenda Rogers at the end of next years' derby in my mind's eye already..

images

No, because it's not just about that. We wont get anywhere 'on the next level' with whomever comes in. We just dont have the resources for that. We need experience and we need a good footballing man capable of playing attractive footy and keeping us up. Martinez can do that with our squad.

"Keeping us up" is your ambition?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back