Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd wager that Martinez would be doing your swede in before 6 months were up.

He's as weak as piss imo & he accepts defeat far too easy for my liking. I could see us being totally unpredictable under his management, brilliant one week, stink the place out the next, get gubbed the week after.

It took less with Moyes.

Redknapp broke into the top four twice with Tottenham (something the more fashionable AVB has just failed to do), knocked AC Milan out of the Champions League and won an FA Cup with Portsmouth.

He's a sly [Poor language removed] who will spend too much money if his employers are stupid enough to let him, but I don't think he's a terrible manager.

He's been relegated with West Ham, Southampton (twice?), Portsmouth, and now QPR.

His financial mismanagement bankrupted Portsmouth and now the club are on the verge of ceasing to exist. He left Southampton in such a sh*t state they dropped to league 1 and now he's spent how much at QPR, and they still got relegated without a fight.

Two top four finishes with Spurs (how much did he spend there by the way?) do not, a good manager, make.

He's been relegated with West Ham, Southampton (twice?), Portsmouth, and now QPR.

His financial mismanagement bankrupted Portsmouth and now the club are on the verge of ceasing to exist. He left Southampton in such a sh*t state they dropped to league 1 and now he's spent how much at QPR, and they still got relegated without a fight.

Two top four finishes with Spurs (how much did he spend there by the way?) do not, a good manager, make.

4 or 5 relegations and more money spent by a factor of god knows what, to achieve a total of ONE extra top 4 finish than moyes.

4 or 5 relegations and more money spent by a factor of god knows what, to achieve a total of ONE extra top 4 finish than moyes.

Precisely.

Redknapp didn't get the England job for one simple reason. He's a melted faced, wheeling and dealing, hanging out his car window on SKY SPORTS SUPER DEADLINE EXTRAVAGANZA, tax dodging crook of a man who really isn't all that as a tactical genius that he sees himself as.

Precisely.

Redknapp didn't get the England job for one simple reason. He's a melted faced, wheeling and dealing, hanging out his car window on SKY SPORTS SUPER DEADLINE EXTRAVAGANZA, tax dodging crook of a man who really isn't all that as a tactical genius that he sees himself as.

He thinks the world of you though Jock.......

No, because it's not just about that. We wont get anywhere 'on the next level' with whomever comes in. We just dont have the resources for that. We need experience and we need a good footballing man capable of playing attractive footy and keeping us up. Martinez can do that with our squad.

You have to be an amazing manager to make the style of football he plays work especially in this league and he has proved he isn't up to it. To appoint Martinez would mean two realistic options 1) relagation fodder 2) mid to bottom half obscurity. But hey at least our midfield will play some pretty football while our defence is torn to shreds.

I reckon we'll get pereira in kenwright isn't that insane...well yes he is that insane but the people working with him arn't just a bunch of yes men they'll tell him who's best for us...

round was 'headhunted' by moyes. if moyes has an input , but isnt taking him , i cant see why he wouldnt be considered/recommended.

Round may not be going with Moyes as he could be already lined up to take over at Goodison, am surprised he hasn't been mentioned much myself, 66-1 along with Bilic, two great outside friendly bets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back