Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Davek is the only reason I still post here, even if he is horrifically wrong about Roberto Martinez.

What's not to like. Roberto, ends in an O so therefore probably foreign, therefore an expert. Martinez, even better ends in a Z which sounds sexy. Beats the crap out of Alan Stubbs.......

I think he prefers it this way. If the adulation made him smile, his aura would be shattered.

I like to think he reads the praise, grimaces, then kicks a small animal.
Yeah, I've kinda got an image of him viewing something complimentary, such as this, and bites into a lemon to get that horribly sour, unpleasant feeling back.
It's sort of like his own personal self flagellation.

What's not to like. Roberto, ends in an O so therefore probably foreign, therefore an expert. Martinez, even better ends in a Z which sounds sexy. Beats the crap out of Alan Stubbs.......

Vitor Pereira is so Iberian, he's dropped the C from Victor. Plus, and I'm not ashamed to admit this, he gives me wood.

He's been relegated with West Ham, Southampton (twice?), Portsmouth, and now QPR.

His financial mismanagement bankrupted Portsmouth and now the club are on the verge of ceasing to exist. He left Southampton in such a sh*t state they dropped to league 1 and now he's spent how much at QPR, and they still got relegated without a fight.

Two top four finishes with Spurs (how much did he spend there by the way?) do not, a good manager, make.

Redknapp wasn't relegated with West Ham. The lowest he finished was 15th in 2001, and the highest was 5th in 1999. I don't know enough about football finances in the 90s to say how good or bad a job he did, but his record of bringing through youth players who went on to be sold for huge money was quite impressive (Ferdinand, Carrick, Lampard, Joe Cole and Defoe).

He didn't do well at all with Southampton, but he did take over in December with them bottom with one win and they didn't go down until the last day. He was gone by the following December and ended up returning to Portsmouth and keeping them up, before winning the FA Cup and getting the Spurs job in 2008. I'm not sure why he gets so much blame for the fact that the Russian who bought Portsmouth turned out to be a fraud, or why you think he took them down.

Also, I think QPR would have been all right if they'd hired him in the summer instead of letting Hughes go on that bizarre spending spree.

I don't particularly want Redknapp, but he isn't nearly as bad as people like to make out.

He can't write FFS!

Anyway ... the fact there are a handful of names going about and only one of them really appeals to me is a concern.

Hopefully the hire will just completely come out of nowhere. If it's a relative unknown it means we won't have to have the same arguments about Martinez we've already started, he won't have much baggage (LIKE BEING RELEGATED!) and we can start off fresh.

Anyone else noticed

How quickly that pink line at the top of the page showing support for Martinez is growing? :(

Couldn't be one person voting over and over again could it?

Fulham-v-Wigan-Athletic-Premier-League.jpg

I was 100% against Rafael at the start and now the favourites are all so vanilla he has moved up from "strong no" to "meh." If I'm supposed to accept a relegated manager because he fluked a Cup well Rafael flukes a Cup before other managers have even woken up.

He called us a small club ... I know, I know. Not saying he's my favourite ... just that he's looking better and better next to the boring and ordinary potential appointments we seem to be linked with consistently.

Rafael is proven, won trophies most places he has been. We need a manager who is going to hopefully continue the good work Moyes has done for us and hopefully take us to the next level. Will Rafael not consider us if he wants to manage the ****e again in the future ?

Thing is though, only seven clubs have been permanent fixtures in the Premier League since it started, UTD, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Everton, Liverpool and Villa. By keeping us out of trouble Moyes did a good job no doubt, but we are not wildly punching above our weight as some would have you believe.

I think Moyes did a VERY good job all told but not spectacular.

I think once we have a new manager you will truly see what a brilliant job moyes did consistantly over a long period.

Precisely.

Redknapp didn't get the England job for one simple reason. He's a melted faced, wheeling and dealing, hanging out his car window on SKY SPORTS SUPER DEADLINE EXTRAVAGANZA, tax dodging crook of a man who really isn't all that as a tactical genius that he sees himself as.

Hahaha... I like this!

No time for the man.

You have to be an amazing manager to make the style of football he plays work especially in this league and he has proved he isn't up to it. To appoint Martinez would mean two realistic options 1) relagation fodder 2) mid to bottom half obscurity. But hey at least our midfield will play some pretty football while our defence is torn to shreds.

I reckon we'll get pereira in kenwright isn't that insane...well yes he is that insane but the people working with him arn't just a bunch of yes men they'll tell him who's best for us...

That is utter BS to be honest. More likely is he will have us finishing in a league placing that corresponds to our wage bill (i.e. 9th or 10th), which is what he has achieved at Wigan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back