Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes took a relagation bound team and turned them into one of the top7 teams in the best leauge in the world on a budget on sod all and implementing a good defence and the resilience to come back from behind. Martinez took a mid table side and forced them to be relagated by kamikaze-ing into pretty much every team in the leauge. And with regards to the f.a cup win check out Brennan post above it exsplanes it perfectly for what it is.

Oh quick question if stoke would of won the FA cup a few years back would you have pulis? Because then he would of won the FA cup and finished better then Martinez pretty much every year eh.

Its obvious you don't like Martinez and your reasoning is he took Wigan down. How do you rate Harry Rednapp? Didn't he take West Ham down, Southampton down, QPR down and have a large part in taking Portsmouth down yet he finished top 4 with Spurs. Can't you see it all depends on the tools you have.

omg

lennon_2360136b.jpg

willem-dafoe-premiere-john-carter-01.jpg

Its obvious you don't like Martinez and your reasoning is he took Wigan down. How do you rate Harry Rednapp? Didn't he take West Ham down, Southampton down, QPR down and have a large part in taking Portsmouth down yet he finished top 4 with Spurs. Can't you see it all depends on the tools you have.

Harry Redknapp is a terrible manager.

No, because it's not just about that. We wont get anywhere 'on the next level' with whomever comes in. We just dont have the resources for that. We need experience and we need a good footballing man capable of playing attractive footy and keeping us up. Martinez can do that with our squad.

I'd wager that Martinez would be doing your swede in before 6 months were up.

He's as weak as piss imo & he accepts defeat far too easy for my liking. I could see us being totally unpredictable under his management, brilliant one week, stink the place out the next, get gubbed the week after.

I'd wager that Martinez would be doing your swede in before 6 months were up.

He's as weak as piss imo & he accepts defeat far too easy for my liking. I could see us being totally unpredictable under his management, brilliant one week, stink the place out the next, get gubbed the week after.

Who would you take out of the names linked mate.

Are you saying Harry Redknapp is a good manager?? And the relegaton of the clubs he was manager of was down to his players??? if you are then you're wide of the mark. At Portsmouth and QPR he spent quite a bit of money, responsible for where Portsmouth are now for wrecking that place with wages. I'm pretrty sure he made some big signings at Southampton as well.

God awful manager

Harry Redknapp is a terrible manager.

Redknapp broke into the top four twice with Tottenham (something the more fashionable AVB has just failed to do), knocked AC Milan out of the Champions League and won an FA Cup with Portsmouth.

He's a sly [Poor language removed] who will spend too much money if his employers are stupid enough to let him, but I don't think he's a terrible manager.

Moyes took a relagation bound team and turned them into one of the top7 teams in the best leauge in the world on a budget on sod all and implementing a good defence and the resilience to come back from behind. Martinez took a mid table side and forced them to be relagated by kamikaze-ing into pretty much every team in the leauge. And with regards to the f.a cup win check out Brennan post above it exsplanes it perfectly for what it is.

Oh quick question if stoke would of won the FA cup a few years back would you have pulis? Because then he would of won the FA cup and finished better then Martinez pretty much every year eh.

Thing is though, only seven clubs have been permanent fixtures in the Premier League since it started, UTD, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Everton, Liverpool and Villa. By keeping us out of trouble Moyes did a good job no doubt, but we are not wildly punching above our weight as some would have you believe.

I think Moyes did a VERY good job all told but not spectacular.

Thing is though, only seven clubs have been permanent fixtures in the Premier League since it started, UTD, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Everton, Liverpool and Villa. By keeping us out of trouble Moyes did a good job no doubt, but we are not wildly punching above our weight as some would have you believe.

I think Moyes did a VERY good job all told but not spectacular.

The relevant factors to how good of a job he's done are 1) where we were when moyes took over, and 2) our ability to compete financially during the period he's been here.

The fact that we're an ever present - or at least the fact that we'd been in the prem for 10 years when he took over are really irrelevant.

In a "history" sense, we haven't punched above our weight, but in a real world, financial realism sense, we most definitely have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back