Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
-or SWAT thread, depending on ones perspective mate :)

No. It's the "I'm not sure I can take much more of this and the season's not even finished yet" pre-sectioning thread

No this is high before discussion on the pros and cons of each manager both available and not, nobody ****ging anyone off, no random arguments, no wild speculation! Oh sorry wrong thread, yeah you're right it is!

Already drained by the whole process?
Poor lads, you'll have to steel yourself for a whole summer of ludicrous, petty and quite frankly irritating moaning and guesswork.

Haha me too!

As crazy as it initially sounds, moyes spent years bringing specific coaching staff into the club. Former players ect all built in the same mould as himself with the same traditions efc hold.

This set of long serving players I imagine could pretty much manage themselves. And with a distinct lack of stand out candidates it would not suprise me if a shuffle from whithin was to take place. I'm even thinking it may not be the worse idea if even on a 1yr basis initially. If it doesn't work or if better available at some point, we can appoint at anytime.

Moyes has already sorted pre-season, has already I imagine sorted transfer targets, youth player plans, departing players ect... And a shuffle of round staying No.2 with a face (dunc Stubbs ect) being named manager it would keep everything going in the direction as before without a up heavil.

Play it safe for a year carrying on moyes plans and vision if you will??
Could really see it happening the more I think about it.

Oh dear.....'carrying on Moyes plans and vision' Exactly what we don't want!

If Lennon gets the job I won't go over to a game during his reign.. Suppose it'll save the flight money from Dublin.how is his name even in frame...

Because:

- He has a decent pedigree as a Premier League player
- He has done more than expected of him as a manager (League yes but beating Barca and qualifying for the Champs League knock out is a great bonus)
- He has displayed great fibre as a human being to put up with the horrific sectarian sh*t from Rangers fans
- He comes across as a fighter and a man with passion. If, as a club, we don't have the cash then we either need a technical genius or someone that can inspire the players with true passion

No, it's not. This thread is mostly about beef.

Made me laugh
mmm you've made me hungry, nice Rump steak would do me tonight..... also Everton and stuff...
This thread of the thread, was getting more tasty but less Everton-ey in the Everton forum so I sorted it at the end there.

Last edited:
unfinished busines?

zp_1994_-_Mike_Walker_becomes_Everton_manager_3723.jpg
(y)

Because:

- He has a decent pedigree as a Premier League player
- He has done more than expected of him as a manager (League yes but beating Barca and qualifying for the Champs League knock out is a great bonus)
- He has displayed great fibre as a human being to put up with the horrific sectarian sh*t from Rangers fans
- He comes across as a fighter and a man with passion. If, as a club, we don't have the cash then we either need a technical genius or someone that can inspire the players with true passion

To add to that Lennon has also delivered in the face of expectancy, constant media intrusion and a massive worldwide fan base. Compared to all the others on that list of British/Irish managers he is almost alone in having the credentials to manage a club the size of Everton

I've decided anyone premier who's done decently in a tough league except Martin O'Neil and Rafael Benitez and I'll have a little bit of optimism. Most managers have something going for them and we already have a decent squad and a some money heading our way.

If we're strapped for cash and one of the main factors a candidate will look at himself is the amount of money available for transfers, then isn't it logical that we'd look at out-of-contract candidates before contracted ones?

Pereira, Girard or Bielsa please.

If Martinez resigns from Wigan then I'd take him more seriously as a candidate. He must surely know that we would be reluctant to pay compensation, and Whelan's not going to sack him because then Martinez would be owed compensation from Wigan.

In other news, Thomas Schaaf has quit Werder Bremen after 14 years as manager there: http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/schaaf-leaves-bremen/news/anzeigen_122411.html

Why is everyone so negative about Martin O'Neill? A couple of years ago when Villa were flying high I remember feeling a bit jealous? Can anyone help me understand why he would be such a bad option now? Every manager has a bad spell and let's face it Sunderland are rubbish.

I would like the replacement announced relatively soon to give us time to settle down in pre-season and make early signings.

Still going to stick with Vitor. Just not amused by the prospect or Lennon or Martinez. Don't think either are great managers.

Why is everyone so negative about Martin O'Neill? A couple of years ago when Villa were flying high I remember feeling a bit jealous? Can anyone help me understand why he would be such a bad option now? Every manager has a bad spell and let's face it Sunderland are rubbish.

****in hell. This best be a wind up

£120 million spent over four years at Villa, didn't finish above us once and only seemed to have one tactic, get the ball long to Ashley Young ASAP.

Then you've got his time at Sunderland where he spent over £30 million in one year and still acchieved **** all, other than nearly taking them down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back