Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've got to remember when we appointed moyes, unknown and never heard of, everyone probably thought he was going to be awful but look...

Wouldn't surprise if we got someone unheard of and someone who's not in the frame yet.

of course stubbs' odds have gone down. all of you people on here have been betting on him based on someone's words. thanks for pushing martinez' odds sky high btw

FFS TJ !
Negredo won't come unless we get Stubbs in mate.. It's al over twitter.. He likes his style of play.

You don't think agents and players won't use this extra dough for bigger wages and signing on fees ?Every club has it so it not as if its an advantage. And to bring Rooney here would probably take up most of that
Money and leave us with a player with no sell on value mate . Your not related to Peter ridsdale are you ?

I can only suggest that you read up on the subject and learn how the spending of such money is going to be regulated.

I'd happily advocate the recruitment of Wayne Rooney even if it took up a significant percentage of the extra revenue and/or money from player sales, and that's because he is a superstar who brings a shed load of hype and the ability to score more than 20 goals a season. You might not agree with that logic but I think it would be a beneficial move for Everton.

It remains unlikely but I don't think it is unlikely as some people would have you believe.

I can only suggest that you read up on the subject and learn how the spending of such money is going to be regulated.

I'd happily advocate the recruitment of Wayne Rooney even if it took up a significant percentage of the extra revenue and/or money from player sales, and that's because he is a superstar who brings a shed load of hype and the ability to score more than 20 goals a season. You might not agree with that logic but I think it would be a beneficial move for Everton.

It remains unlikely but I don't think it is unlikely as some people would have you believe.

It is highly unlikely bordering on impossible. Not a single shred of hard evidence to even slightly suggest he would.

signing Rooney in our current state would not do this club any good in the long run. Nice idea like but never going to happen

of course stubbs' odds have gone down. all of you people on here have been betting on him based on someone's words. thanks for pushing martinez' odds sky high btw

Haha, this.

It's funny how people fall for it again and again though.

Lennon gets mentioned, odds fall a bit, more people bet stupidly, odds fall even more.

Mackay gets mentioned, odds fall a bit, more people bet stupidly, odds fall even more.

And now Stubbs.

It is highly unlikely bordering on impossible. Not a single shred of hard evidence to even slightly suggest he would.

Whereas you have a shed load of evidence regarding his preferred destination?

The Northwest isn't a bad place to live in when you are minted, not everyone can be arsed uprooting their family to Berlin or Paris or wherever it may be, people shouldn't underestimate that.

I could see him moving to London but is a move to Chelsea a goer?

signing Rooney in our current state would not do this club any good in the long run. Nice idea like but never going to happen

I think it would help our goals scored tally a bit, leading to an increase in the amount of points we would attain.

It would also lead to a full house, and an awful lot of media attention!

Whereas you have a shed load of evidence regarding his preferred destination?

The Northwest isn't a bad place to live in when you are minted, not everyone can be arsed uprooting their family to Berlin or Paris or wherever it may be, people shouldn't underestimate that.

I could see him moving to London but is a move to Chelsea a goer?
he is on 250k a week. Care to enlighten me to how we pay his wages mate? Even if he agreed a pay cut we wouldn't be able to go higher than 80k a week. That's less than a third of what he earns now. Put them drugs down lad

An example of how ridiculous the betting is for judging anything.

A lad from on here put a tenner on Martinez at BetVictor to get a free tenner bet, got 8s. Then i went on there and did the same with £15 this time, it went down to 5s. A couple of other lads have done the same and he's now moved down to favourite at 2s. All from what was probably a couple of hundred quid of bets max. The odds on Stubbs have also lengthened.

ODDS MEAN NOTHING.

he is on 250k a week. Care to enlighten me to how we pay his wages mate? Even if he agreed a pay cut we wouldn't be able to go higher than 80k a week. That's less than a third of what he earns now. Put them drugs down lad

We already pay Fellaini £75k a week at least, if he goes i see no reason why you couldn't stick another £25k on top of that and pay a top player £100k a week. It wouldn't destroy our wage bill, especially as Neville is going to be off it and Moyes' replacement will probably be on £30k a week less than he was.

Not saying it will happen with Rooney, but it's not true we couldn't offer a fair bit higher than 80k.

I've been certain that Martinez would get the job since the FA Cup draw in march or whenever it was, and Martinez's reaction to the draw. He was about 4/7 at the time so I swerved a bet. I looked the other day and he was 3/1 now he's 5/1....I'm in

That's not to say I want him to get the job, I just think Moyes to United and Martinez to Everton has been discussed and agreed for a lot longer than the official line. Time will tell

We already pay Fellaini £75k a week at least, if he goes i see no reason why you couldn't stick another £25k on top of that and pay a top player £100k a week. It wouldn't destroy our wage bill, especially as Neville is going to be off it and Moyes' replacement will probably be on £30k a week less than he was.

Not saying it will happen with Rooney, but it's not true we couldn't offer a fair bit higher than 80k.
Possibly. But that's still a long way from 250k a week. I'm pretty sure his agent wouldn't agree with such a drop on earnings

For christ sake! You asked, so here we go!

Sell Fellaini, that's 75k a week of the wage bill. Neville's 50k a week is also off the wage bill, that's 125k a week made available without even looking at the new TV revenues.

He is going to have to take a pay cut wherever he moves to. It's either that, or he remains sitting on United's bench.

Say his next contract was at 150k a week, we'd only need to find an extra 25 k a week to source such wages. If he was on 175k a week, then it would be an extra 50k a week, well within FFP limitations.

His transfer fee:

15 million this summer (from TV money or Fellaini sale), 15 million next Summer from TV money.

This Rooney deal will remain unlikely, but I think it shows that we would have the capability to think big and add top quality players if we wanted to, whether we do so is something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back