Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this say Tuchel has resigned or just that he is resigned?

Can anyone who speaks German translate it better than Bing?
No it's just saying he is resigned to the teams poor finish to the season, and the article goes on to state why and that they need massive strengthening in the summer to compete next season.

He was very unprofessional when Rooney was at Everton, Stubbs own shares in Pro-Active which was a company owned by Streford who Is now Rooney agent, Rooney left his old agent who was out of pocket and went to pro-active, Stubbs was one of those who pushed Rooney into pro-active, a company he had shares in. Now to me that is unprofessional.
Then when Rooney wanted to leave us, Stubbs was opening his mouth to the media saying he should go cos you never get offers like this, I didn't agree with Stubbs as he only played an handful of games for us and could have joined Man u 12 months later. He just came across as a ******** with bad awareness.

Didn't know about the pro-active stuff. definitely effects his position, heard horrible stories about the way they got Rooney signed up and moved him on. Down to how much some of the players know about what goes on. Kevin Campbell got shares too apparently. The thing is that I heard horrible stories about Big Dunc from his time in Glasgow. Would love Sheedy to be ready

Didn't know about the pro-active stuff. definitely effects his position, heard horrible stories about the way they got Rooney signed up and moved him on. Down to how much some of the players know about what goes on. Kevin Campbell got shares too apparently. The thing is that I heard horrible stories about Big Dunc from his time in Glasgow. Would love Sheedy to be ready

Sheedy is the only internal candidate I would want, mainly because I think he's a winner and has intelligence. He comes across well in interviews. Like the others he simply doesn't have the managerial experience and is too great a risk.

Sheedy is the only internal candidate I would want, mainly because I think he's a winner and has intelligence. He comes across well in interviews. Like the others he simply doesn't have the managerial experience and is too great a risk.

agree that no-one has obvious experience but looking through the other candidates I don't see an intelligent, pragmatic person among them. All of them look like people who would be looking to further their career by stamping their ego on the team. Laudrup was the only one who seemed to have the right approach to a new club, but that turns out to be a non-starter. Someone should have been taking a bigger role during Moyes last couple of seasons but an interim manager like we have seen at Chelsea with Sheedy at number two would definitely feel right.

Could it be Stubbs with someone with more experience as a director / general manager such as joe royal ? ....

What is Joe Royle doing? Every time I hear him on radio I feel calmer and more positive about everything

David Weir had shares as well, I'm pretty sure a senior member of Everton's internal staff had shares.

The “experienced” managers available are not good enough for us, to me if the choice is between someone experienced but only good enough for a mid-table team V/S someone inexperienced but might turn out to be a very good or very bad, I say it’s worth the risk.

agree that no-one has obvious experience but looking through the other candidates I don't see an intelligent, pragmatic person among them. All of them look like people who would be looking to further their career by stamping their ego on the team. Laudrup was the only one who seemed to have the right approach to a new club, but that turns out to be a non-starter. Someone should have been taking a bigger role during Moyes last couple of seasons but an interim manager like we have seen at Chelsea with Sheedy at number two would definitely feel right.

I'm not sure what list you've been looking at, but Rene Girard would be in for the long run. Vitor I'm not sure. Marcelo Bielsa would also be in for the long haul. We've now been linked with the Benfica manager, again another long haul manager. i don't fancy the UK based ones, so I won't list them, but quite a few of those would also be in for the long haul and a couple of them are quite astute footballing wise.

Could it be Stubbs with someone with more experience as a director / general manager such as joe royal ? ....

not suggesting a managerial role for him but think his opinion about where to go would matter more than most

As an aside you've got to think that with Moyes staying on for this interim period the odds are stacked in favour of an internal appointment.

The idea that Moyes will have a hand in a new man coming in and sweeping away 11 years work and all the staff just isn't going to happen is it?

I actually think that would be healthy for the club to sweep it all afresh but like with Fergie at United I think it suits the former manager to be lauded for "building a legacy"

Do you know what fascinates me? The interview selection process for the New Manager.

If it,s an internal appointment then no problem but if we start having to interview external candidates it will be a disaster.

Suntown Bob can just about read ofF the balance sheet but Bill will come across completely clueless in terms of his leadership and vision of the club. Moyes ran the show top to bottom and he has gone and Pip will be his NO2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back