Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As an aside you've got to think that with Moyes staying on for this interim period the odds are stacked in favour of an internal appointment.

The idea that Moyes will have a hand in a new man coming in and sweeping away 11 years work and all the staff just isn't going to happen is it?

I actually think that would be healthy for the club to sweep it all afresh but like with Fergie at United I think it suits the former manager to be lauded for "building a legacy"

Stubbs?Dunc?Pip?

Ffs...

As an aside you've got to think that with Moyes staying on for this interim period the odds are stacked in favour of an internal appointment.

The idea that Moyes will have a hand in a new man coming in and sweeping away 11 years work and all the staff just isn't going to happen is it?

I actually think that would be healthy for the club to sweep it all afresh but like with Fergie at United I think it suits the former manager to be lauded for "building a legacy"

it's not really about building a legacy but there is a squad there that looks better than anything we have had since the eighties. I want some exciting new ideas with the team as I think Moyes had bought in an element of fear but making sure they understand the club rather than what they have done at another club seems really important right now. Maybe shouldn't have watched Damned United last night

Do you know what fascinates me? The interview selection process for the New Manager.

If it,s an internal appointment then no problem but if we start having to interview external candidates it will be a disaster.

Suntown Bob can just about read ofF the balance sheet but Bill will come across completely clueless in terms of his leadership and vision of the club. Moyes ran the show top to bottom and he has gone and Pip will be his NO2.

I'd disagree with you there mate. More than one player has come out and said Bill really sold the club to them and he made a difference in them wanting to sign. One of them was Bellamy who said it was Moyes who rubbed him up wrong.

I'm no Kenwright fan by any stretch but he's an epic bull****ter and storyteller and that's what we'll need to get a top fella in. My worry regarding Bill is the process he'll follow to get to these people.

I don't buy this 'continuity' theory. To me, everything points to an external appointment. If Moyes thought so highly of any of these guys, why did he hire Round and why isn't he bringing them with him? Equally, why hasn't it been done already?
More likely we're waiting until the last game is over and offering it to Martinez.

(Lennon speaks his mind, so it won't be him)

Last edited:

How sodding sad is this. Mass rejoicing at an ITK telling us our next manager isn't going to be Alan bleeding Stubbs.

Crying and shaking might actually be appropriate here.

A bit of movement for Gus Poyet today but presumably just a reaction to him leaving Brighton last night.

I really want an exciting managerial appointment. I shudder at the thought of Phil Neville I really do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back