Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea what he's like as a manager? I can't even place in my head who he has managed. Any good?
On 8 June 2007, Blanc was named the new manager of Bordeaux, replacing Brazilian Ricardo. For his first season on the bench, he led the club to a second place in the league and won the Manager of the Year award. His second season was extremely successful, as Bordeaux won the final 11 games of the season, setting a new French record for consecutive wins,[SUP][9][/SUP] and clinched the league title, three points clear of Marseille, having already won the Coupe de la Ligue that year.

Managerial statistics [edit]

As of 30 June 2012[TABLE="class: wikitable"]
[TR]
[TH]Team
[/TH]
[TH]Nat
[/TH]
[TH]From
[/TH]
[TH]To
[/TH]
[TH="colspan: 8"]Record
[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]G
[/TH]
[TH]W
[/TH]
[TH]D
[/TH]
[TH]L
[/TH]
[TH] G
[/TH]
[TH]W
[/TH]
[TH]D
[/TH]
[TH]L
[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: left"]Bordeaux
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]8 June 2007
[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]16 May 2010
[/TD]
[TD]150
[/TD]
[TD]90
[/TD]
[TD]28
[/TD]
[TD]32
[/TD]
[TD]60
[/TD]
[TD]248
[/TD]
[TD]153
[/TD]
[TD]+95
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: left"]France
[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]2 July 2010
[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]30 June 2012
[/TD]
[TD]27
[/TD]
[TD]16
[/TD]
[TD]7
[/TD]
[TD]4
[/TD]
[TD]59.26
[/TD]
[TD]41
[/TD]
[TD]16
[/TD]
[TD]+25
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH="colspan: 4"]Total
[/TH]
[TH]177
[/TH]
[TH]106
[/TH]
[TH]35
[/TH]
[TH]36
[/TH]
[TH]59.89
[/TH]
[TH]289
[/TH]
[TH]169
[/TH]
[TH]+120
[/TH]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Last edited:

Agree with that executioner blog, I doubt our board have the guts to get success at all costs: for me Benitez is the best manager that's been mentioned.

For the success of our club, I couldn't care less about past affiliations and what he said about us while he was managing that lot, it's just sound-bites that came with his job. Quite frankly I think the Chelsea fans have been pathetic for the duration of his appointment there.

The guy knows how to win games on the biggest stage.

We haven't got the money for Benitez, he was paid £3m upfront at Chelsea for a 7 month job.

How about Torsten Lieberknecht from Eintracht Braunschweig?

Just got Eintracht Braunschweig promoted to the Bundesliga, he took over in 2008 when they were on the verge of relegation from the German Football League system, saw an interview with him on one of those 'Trans-world sport' type programmes, one particular quote stuck in my head...

"I want to bring in and use players that the fans want here and suit the club, if my fans don't want a player or he doesn't suit the club then I don't want him here"

And he's only 39....

Last edited:

Agree with that executioner blog, I doubt our board have the guts to get success at all costs: for me Benitez is the best manager that's been mentioned.

For the success of our club, I couldn't care less about past affiliations and what he said about us while he was managing that lot, it's just sound-bites that came with his job. Quite frankly I think the Chelsea fans have been pathetic for the duration of his appointment there.

The guy knows how to win games on the biggest stage.

You're a wind up mate. Short of bringing Dalglish in from his gardening shed or digging up Shankly you couldn't get a more unsuitable man.

Why is Bill taking for ever. Man u got a manager right away, and yet we haven't even approach a club yet. Shambles

Season finishes W/ E I would think we will start to see some movement,as long as the those on the managerial
Round a bout are not considered that would be a good start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back