Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely clutching straws here but i reckon these names are getting leaked so that the fans welcome a Martinez like appointment a lot more than the would of say a week of two ago. If that makes sense.
I do think Martinez will get the job though.

its worked on me. after realising how much BK could really **** this up martinez seems like an good option

I will get slated for this but from a footballing point of view FSW is the best option available and I would happily have him at Everton. Yes he slated us once and it was stupid of him, but he is a league above the rest in terms of experience and trophies and ability and he is a professional manager meaning its a job to him so i doubt he really has too much care about the RS. If he could do with us what he did with Valencia then he would be the best appointment by a mile.

Why any self respecting Evertonian would want someone who not only managed our bitter rivals, but did so whilst lacking dignity or class and taking shots at our club on a constant basis is beyond me.

He took another managers team and won the champions league, he then systematically destroyed that team while inversely spunking tonnes of cash in the process.

Gareth Barry over Xavi Alonso? Aquallani for £20million?

Why any self respecting Evertonian would want someone who not only managed our bitter rivals, but did so whilst lacking dignity or class and taking shots at our club on a constant basis is beyond me.

He took another managers team and won the champions league, he then systematically destroyed that team while inversely spunking tonnes of cash in the process.

applause.gif

Out of everyone listed as our potential new manager who are you confident would do a better job? he has won a CL, EL, EC, 2 spanish league's. Just been under all sorts of pressure from the chav fans and won them a european trophy, in my honest opinion, it is very small time for us not to want him because he used to manage the RS and called us a small club, it smacks of of cutting your nose3 off to sight your face.

Reality can be.

So all you expect is a manager who does everything Moyes does as well, plus plays more young players and plays football with more flair.

If that manager exists where have they been hiding? They certainly haven't been managing in the Premier league for any of the last 10 seasons.

Moyes has already done part of the job - the defence is solid, there seems to be a togetherness about the squad and there are a few very good midfielders on the books. The situation hasn't reverted back to that of 2002 just because Moyes has walked out.

I think there is a manager out there who could vary tactics now and then, and perhaps not go to Anfield with a full back five on the bench. Unai Emery (who would be my first choice) kept a bankrupt Valencia in the Champions League (losing the likes of Villa, Silva and Mata) and Pellegrini made Villarreal one of the finest attacking teams in Europe on a tiny budget.

There is no need for a small-time appointment. With no money to buy better players it's imperative the new manager has a bit of tactical nous.

It matters not as its been said, he has ruled himself out today anyway.

I don't think he has, he said he doesn't think so, but then why would he carry on saying he has respect for Everton but you know? I think he's doubting our approach but not his interest in the post.

I don't think he has, he said he doesn't think so, but then why would he carry on saying he has respect for Everton but you know? I think he's doubting our approach but not his interest in the post.
I haven't heard or seen the interview just read the text on twitter, so its hard to pick up on the ton of the way he said it, but the media who have say it seems he's ruled himself out. Very few fans want him also means its not gonna happen.

......I just checked the betting and apologies if mentioned elsewhere, but Gus Poyet is now favourite and Martinez has gone for a bit of a walk in the market. Seems odd, unless somebody knows something!!

I'm not confident that any of the linked names, him included are going to do a great job. Not one excites me at all.

However I am confident that some of them would do the job with dignity and honour and not throw their toys out of the pram or go on a Facht filled rant at the first sign of pressure or trouble. The same would go for Lennon too.

Do you think the reception he'd get at Goodison would be better than at Stamford bridge? We're a fan base who remembers any slight against us

Small time is more like accepting someone who was happy to **** off our club and be happy about it

I'm not confident that any of the linked names, him included are going to do a great job. Not one excites me at all.

However I am confident that some of them would do the job with dignity and honour and not throw their toys out of the pram or go on a Facht filled rant at the first sign of pressure or trouble. The same would go for Lennon too.

Do you think the reception he'd get at Goodison would be better than at Stamford bridge? We're a fan base who remembers any slight against us

Small time is more like accepting someone who was happy to **** off our club and be happy about it

The thing is in public opinion its the Chelsea fans that have come off looking a gang of ****s not him, despite all the he has got them CL and won a trophy in the space of 6 months, he has kept the squad quiet and there have been limited rumours of player problems, given what has happened behind the scenes at that club in the past 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back