Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Weir got mentioned a page or two back about an hour ago. When I looked on SkyBet he was 40/1. Just looked again and he's come into 16/1 in the space of an hour. Just shows what a volatile market it is. When a few people stick a tenner on it can change the odds

An internal appointment has no redeeming qualities for supporters; only for the board. It'll be a cheap alternative to hiring someone from outside the club and it'll be a sure-fire way of ensuring that only a yes man who's committed to not questioning the board on finances is in the hot seat. THAT'S the continuity they seek. Of course, they and their lap dogs in the press and on forums like this will spin it as a great choice and *explain* how the plan all fits together and is the *next phase*, but it'd be a pisstake perpetrated by a clueless and insular board of directors who just want this managerial *problem* to go away fast.

Proper scumbags who run this club. Dire. Just dire.

Vitor Pereira will be here soon.

::Must resist urge to make full kit [Poor language removed] joke about a baby.::
::Must resist urge to make full kit [Poor language removed] joke about a baby.::

How about Torsten Lieberknecht from Eintracht Braunschweig?
I'd prefer Florgen Schoenenfrootapap from Icksel Maunenhitlerberg myself. Seriously though isn't he just the German Malky Mackay?

I don't know what kind of people are recommending Rafael - but Amen to all you said.
Most of us know the odds are not to be taken seriously BUT people look at the top ten favourites in betting and think to themselves "bloody hell what a bunch of crap ... I'd rather have Rafael than that lot" and they talk themselves into something which they previously would never have considered.

If we are interviewing exciting continental types I'd like to see the club leak that news. Not to placate us (although that would be a nice side effect) but to get some buzz going about the appointment. Make it seem like a lot of top managers are vying for the job. Slip in a few references to our elite youth set-up, fantastic youth team performances, consistent league finishes, great talent already on board ... and maybe then the hype becomes real. Of course that would raise expectations and that's not exactly BK's MO.

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

An internal appointment has no redeeming qualities for supporters; only for the board. It'll be a cheap alternative to hiring someone from outside the club and it'll be a sure-fire way of ensuring that only a yes man who's committed to not questioning the board on finances is in the hot seat. THAT'S the continuity they seek. Of course, they and their lap dogs in the press and on forums like this will spin it as a great choice and *explain* how the plan all fits together and is the *next phase*, but it'd be a pisstake perpetrated by a clueless and insular board of directors who just want this managerial *problem* to go away fast.

Proper scumbags who run this club. Dire. Just dire.

Nailed it Dave.

Definitely clutching straws here but i reckon these names are getting leaked so that the fans welcome a Martinez like appointment a lot more than the would of say a week of two ago. If that makes sense.
I do think Martinez will get the job though.

Seems like FSW has ruled himself out thank fook

"@BBCSport: And on his future: "Everton? I don’t think so. I have a lot of respect for Everton, they are doing really well, but you know…." #cfc #efc"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back