• From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rafael still????? Jesus!!!

£229M spent over 5 years on 76 players. Not from scratch either Liverpool were a top 6 side when he took over. When he left he left a top 8 side. Take Torres and Gerrard out of that would of been a mid-table team at best.

Rafael has made a massive contribution to where Liverpool are now.

I'm sure he wouldn't want to come anywhere near our small club anyway eh?
Tit can doooooo one...No chance I want him here!

I don't know what kind of people are recommending Rafael - but Amen to all you said.

Chelsea%20interim%20manager%20Rafael%20Benitez-1736384.png

If it's an internal appointment I don't see the need to delay the announcement till the end of the season just name him now and end all speculation, the fact they haven't makes me believe that the new manager will be from outside the club. Could be wrong I did say that utd wouldn't touch Moyes with a sh###y stick shows how much I no.

If it's an internal candidate (and I really fear it will be now), I wouldn't look to further than Weir after reading this piece from 6 months ago. http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/.../david-weir-im-learning-from-the-best-1558520

It's clear from that Moyes has been grooming him for the post.

"One of the things I've learned from Davie is that there can be no short-cuts in football management. I sort of knew that any way but I have had it confirmed in the past six months.

Davie is in at 8am every morning and there until six at night"

Wow. Workaholic.

We are starting to see a new wave of bright euro managers coming into the EPL with fresh ideas and a new modern vision of football. We are going to miss the boat again.

This is how I feel. Kenwright's comments last night suggest the fans are about to be taking for a ride again.

Everton are keen to continue with a fourteen man squad which is the second oldest in the division. I can only assume there'll be no investment either, because the last eleven years were built on the board doing nothing and hoping for the best.

I'm starting to fear the worst for this club.

There's some right melodramatic sods on here.

How many STs have been unceremoniously flushed down the toilet in protest at the slightest hint of news?

None mate, the material they're made from makes it hard to flush, there's just loads of stumped evertonians stood by the toilet waiting for the water to rise before they can flush again.

If it's an internal appointment I don't see the need to delay the announcement till the end of the season just name him now and end all speculation, the fact they haven't makes me believe that the new manager will be from outside the club. Could be wrong I did say that utd wouldn't touch Moyes with a sh###y stick shows how much I no.

You weren't alone in thinking and saying that about Moyes and Utd. Still think its an unambitious mistake by them though and if/when BK appoints the next disaster Moyes will end up back with us before long :(

I'm genuine mate, I want to win things, I couldn't care less how we do it and who it's under.
Benitez won nothing in his last 4 year's at Anfield despite having unlimited amounts of money, left them in financial ruin, what makes you think he would win a trophy with us having no money and not already being a top team?

This is how I feel. Kenwright's comments last night suggest the fans are about to be taking for a ride again.

Everton are keen to continue with a fourteen man squad which is the second oldest in the division. I can only assume there'll be no investment either, because the last eleven years were built on the board doing nothing and hoping for the best.

I'm starting to fear the worst for this club.

I can see signs that Evertonians are starting to wake up to the idea that we don,t want the same vision and future as shared by the owner.

This is our time to take a bold new modern fresh direction but I am afraid that just as blue noses find the courage to speak out that the club will reach out to the echo and get everyone in line with the club,s old dark vision.

None mate, the material they're made from makes it hard to flush, there's just loads of stumped evertonians stood by the toilet waiting for the water to rise before they can flush again.
They'll need to get a plunger for that I'd suspect.
Honestly though, there is so much hand wringing and knee jerking and wild inaccuracies in this thread, if it was a dog, it'd get put down.

I don't really understand what most people have been watching this season, or are people just reading forums and not watching. I would hope that everyone who is expressing opinions wants a team that is playing more good football than bad and if they are not winning things are at least knocking on the door. The season boils down to a few games we should have won and didn't, not a whole succession of awful performances. It is fine to have differences about who should come in and some people's opinions on here have made me change how I think but the people who think that we are close to disaster whatever we do and the club is a disgrace and needs changing throughout are going to be saying this if we have won three champions leagues in a row and then don't win a fourth. either that or they hate being Everton fans

I don't really understand what most people have been watching this season, or are people just reading forums and not watching. I would hope that everyone who is expressing opinions wants a team that is playing more good football than bad and if they are not winning things are at least knocking on the door. The season boils down to a few games we should have won and didn't, not a whole succession of awful performances. It is fine to have differences about who should come in and some people's opinions on here have made me change how I think but the people who think that we are close to disaster whatever we do and the club is a disgrace and needs changing throughout are going to be saying this if we have won three champions leagues in a row and then don't win a fourth. either that or they hate being Everton fans

You're spot on there. The Moyes haters have decided that we need revolution, when evolution is obviously the better route to take now, given where we currently find ourselves. That's not to say that imo we should look solely for an internal candidate, just that we shouldn't be looking to smash our entire backroom to pieces when it's patently been working well.

I can see signs that Evertonians are starting to wake up to the idea that we don,t want the same vision and future as shared by the owner.

This is our time to take a bold new modern fresh direction but I am afraid that just as blue noses find the courage to speak out that the club will reach out to the echo and get everyone in line with the club,s old dark vision.

The board do a great job of manipulating sections of what has become a very fractured fan base. Too many are going to lap up whatever garbage the clubs serves up as long as it's spun as a continuation of the dynasty Moyes has apparently left behind.

Some very good points but I don,t see how the club can recreate what has gone before with an internal appointment. The bigger problem is that most feel they want everton to push onwards and upwards but will not get that with the candidates being selected or the current owner.

Bill claims he wants to carry on the good work, that sounds like he is looking for someone to give us stagnation.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back