Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11671/8718591/

David Moyes: Backroom man could replace me as boss

David Moyes has no hesitation in recommending any of his coaching staff to replace him as manager at Everton.

Moyes, who is leaving Merseyside after over 11 years in charge to replace the retiring Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United, is happy to help chairman Bill Kenwright find a new boss.

And he says his backroom men of Alan Stubbs, David Weir and Duncan Ferguson - all former Everton players - are all excellent candidates.

"I would always recommend the people who are around me," Moyes said.

"A lot of them know how the workings of the building (at the training ground) are, how we move things forward and the restraints the club has, so it is easy for them to deal with that.

"We (Moyes and Kenwright) speak a couple of times on the phone, and if he has anything to say or wants me to help him, I will do so."

Moyes believes Kenwright will "get it right" when he appoints the new manager, and Moyes added: "I think continuity at every club is important.

"You can't always just have a complete clean slate and start again. But these are questions you need to wait to ask the chairman about when the time comes."

Kenwright vowed at Everton's end of season awards ceremony last night that Moyes' work at the club would not be allowed to go to waste, saying of the Scot: "When he came to me, when we first met on my sofa 11 years ago, he said, 'chairman, you're not going to go down.'

"Well, we didn't go down and he's kept us there (in the Premier League) and taken us forward.

"And although we will miss him like there's no tomorrow, I promise you David, we will maintain what you have started. I personally will not let you down."

Phil Neville - ruled out of the final match of the season at Chelsea - has also been linked with a role at Everton, though there has also been talk that Moyes is considering taking his captain to Manchester United with him.

Moyes said: "He is a great man. He is someone who has been a great player and is a great ambassador for the club.

"If Phil Neville could take a job up anywhere...he is really, really good at what he does, he is going through his coaching badges just now and he would be a good choice for any club."

Villa didn't slip down the table because they put kids on the bench, which is what I said.

And yeah, Naismith isn't old, just crap and a total waste of a wage. Probably would have been better to keep hold of someone like McManaman and have him as an option instead. As for Hitzlsperger, pay as you play deals don't exist.

Don't worry though, I doubt I'll get my way. Stubbs will have the next Anthony Gardener and Stefan Wessells signed up in time for pre-season.

To be fair 95% of these youngstars won't make it so it is hard to choose who to stay. Moyes has done pretty well in the past.

Villa didn't slip down the table because they put kids on the bench, which is what I said.

And yeah, Naismith isn't old, just crap and a total waste of a wage. Probably would have been better to keep hold of someone like McManaman and have him as an option instead. As for Hitzlsperger, pay as you play deals don't exist.

Don't worry though, I doubt I'll get my way. Stubbs will have the next Anthony Gardener and Stefan Wessells signed up in time for pre-season.

Now those two names did make me chuckle. Come on lad, cheer up! Even Fergie, the greatest manager of all time apparently, dropped some clangers, remember Kleberson; Djemba-Djemba; Bellion; That Alien head now at Newcastle - cant remember his name.

I know you will say hes got more money to waste, which is fair, but his flops cost a hell of alot more so its all relative.

Im intrigued and curious - who would you want as the new gaffer?

Woah, ive seen 27th May mentioned a couple of times.
Thats my birthday, so whatever it is, it best be good news. If not, the bleach is coming out.

I´m going to come out and say it:

I want Benitez.

I know he´s a dirty [Poor language removed] but there´s nothing wrong with a dirty [Poor language removed] if he´s doing his dirt on your behalf.

The thing about Benitez that sets him apart from other names on the shortlist is that he´s a winner. What ever else you say about him you can´t deny his teams know how to win football matches.

Last edited:

Who's arsed if he managed Liverpool? I thought we were better than that to be honest. I'd love him, would actually win a cup

I want Benitez.

I know he´s a dirty [Poor language removed] but there´s nothing wrong with a dirty [Poor language removed] if he´s doing his dirt on your behalf.

The thing about Benitez that sets him apart from other names on the shortlist is that he´s winner. What ever else you say about him you can´t deny his teams know how to win football matches.

Second this. Benitez would do a top job.

I want Benitez.

The thing about Benitez that sets him apart from other names on the shortlist is that he´s winner. What ever else you say about him you can´t deny his teams know how to win football matches.

You do realise that he completely dismantled Liverpool, almost making them bankrupt in the process?

He's not the man for Everton

I want Benitez.

It's not as simple as just forgetting what he's said about everton before. He would get **** off most of the fans from day one, as soon as we lost a game there would be murder.

The number of people that share your opinion worries me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back