• From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don´t think so.

He left Liverpool with a positive net spending (after the sale of Torres), with a CL trophy and with coming closer to winning the premiership in 2005-2006 than they´ve ever done since.

Apart from that, Liverpool under Benitez, just as Chelsea under Benitez, always were at their best when it mattered the most. As a bonus, his teams can actually defend and aren´t absolutely sucking in goals like Martinezes Wigan.

He also left them with a side that was a shadow of when he started, and they've not recovered since. All thought his cup record is impressive, we need a manager that will build on what Moyes has done, not dismantle it

I posted a few pages back that Moyes has come out recommending any of his backroom staff first, story on SSN but you lot are too busy arguing to even notice important developments.... great site lads etc...

#StickYourRafaUpYourArse

I'm not having a go but do u really see pereira getting approached!? Move on about him mate, we have no chance of BK getting him

Who knows. We know no more than we did a week ago despite the speculation and the odds on potential candidates going up and down. The only ones I'd rule out with certainty are Rafael and Stubbs.

I posted a few pages back that Moyes has come out recommending any of his backroom staff first, story on SSN but you lot are too busy arguing to even notice important developments.... great site lads etc...

#StickYourRafaUpYourArse

He didnt say we should appoint from within, but if we did, any of them could do a job. he couldnt really say anything else could he? Thats how I read it anyrate.

He got that dog**** side to two Champions League Finals.

It's worth repeating

He also built an absolutely excellent first 11, they are miles now from where they were 4 years ago.
I'd snap his effing hand off if he was interested

He also left them with a side that was a shadow of when he started, and they've not recovered since. All thought his cup record is impressive, we need a manager that will build on what Moyes has done, not dismantle it

You mean the squad at Liverpool was better before Benitez came?

Let´s see. When he came Lfc had the likes of Djimi Traore, El Hadji Diouf and Emile Heskey playing week in week out. Their biggest prospect was Sinama-Pongolle.

While at Liverpool, Benitez brought in the likes of Alonso, Torres, Reina and Agger while making Gerrard one of the best midfielders in the world after he´d stagnated under Houllier.

He pushed his players and got a team full of mediocrity like Milan Baros and Traore to two CL finals.

Last edited:
Benitez is the ultimate cock knocker - can't stand the bloke ! Not even sure that a treble in his first season on the usual 50 quid budget would win me over.

Bolton Wanderers boss Dougie Freedman has been named the npower Championship Manager of the Month for April.

Although they narrowly missed out on a Play-Off position, Dougie Freedman's Bolton side had an impressive surge in April. Four wins, a draw and a solitary loss gave the Trotters 13 points and they will now be hoping that momentum carries on into next season for a promotion push.

Speaking about Freedman's win, panel member Alan Curbishley said: "It was a great month for Dougie Freedman which resulted in an end-of-season surge for his side, who only just missed out on a Play-Off place.

"I am sure Bolton will be in contention again next season in what will be his first full season in charge."

Commenting from npower, Partnership and Sponsorship Manager Katy Thomas said: "While they will have been disappointed to have missed out on promotion this season, I'm sure Bolton Wanderers fans will now be looking forward to next season with a great deal of enthusiasm

It's worth repeating

He also built an absolutely excellent first 11, they are miles now from where they were 4 years ago.
I'd snap his effing hand off if he was interested

'Built an excellent first 11'... Yes maybe he did, but with an awful lot of money. He wouldnt get any money here.

Concerning Benitez, you may want him but his way of doing things doesn't suit our situation at all. He's either took over a young squad someone has built or spent big. Yes he's a winner and done well at Chelsea but who knows he could have had a shocking season next year. If he did come he'd have my respect with a good league finish, new diverse football and beating the ****e convincingly. Maybe he certainly needs the chance to show what he can do with little money but it's a risk we can't really take presently.

It will never be Benitez, Bill would worry that he would rip apart what DM has left behind.Would demand a transfer budget that would give Bill blood curdling nightmares and would ultimately result in him being sectioned and licking windows for the rest of his life.Plus the FSW consistently whores himself to the RS full kit [Poor language removed], he'll never jeopardise the chance to wobble around the pit again.

Absolutely convinced that it will be an internal appointment.

Despite Bill's sound bites we, the fans will get who we are given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back