Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy thinking to go with a member of the back room,Moyes should stay out of it ,reading loads of posts about how an individual wouldn't be any good for various reasons ,and there's folks thinking that someone who hasn't spent one day as a manager would be a good choice............we're not a lower division club looking to give a retired player a break,it's a top 6 club that can't afford to let a bloke however loyal to run the club.would Alan Irvine of been manager if Moyes had gone a few years back,and if so where would we be now ?,Colin Harvey struggled didn't he ?? .Hope bill uses his Brain on this and doesn't listen to Moyes and Howard Kendal on this.

As long as the next manager is cheap and cheerful Billy Liar will be happy. Get it over and done with Bill give it to Rafael.

Crazy thinking to go with a member of the back room,Moyes should stay out of it ,reading loads of posts about how an individual wouldn't be any good for various reasons ,and there's folks thinking that someone who hasn't spent one day as a manager would be a good choice............we're not a lower division club looking to give a retired player a break,it's a top 6 club that can't afford to let a bloke however loyal to run the club.would Alan Irvine of been manager if Moyes had gone a few years back,and if so where would we be now ?,Colin Harvey struggled didn't he ?? .Hope bill uses his Brain on this and doesn't listen to Moyes and Howard Kendal on this.

Agreed. Trouble is, the way bk gets all dewey-eyed about the new united manager- the likelihood is he'll follow his advice....pathetic really.

Modz - Any chance we could delete this poll and start a new one? Or close this thread and start a new one with a new poll? I'd be curious to see a poll now that a little time has passed. I feel like maybe Vitor Pereira would be in the lead now (I know I for one would be changing my vote). Any chance of that? I know all new manager threads get merged here so didn't want to start a new one.

Anyone who wants Benitez in is a pure mentalist who sniffs their Mar's underwear.

ps2-2.preview.jpg

Modz - Any chance we could delete this poll and start a new one? Or close this thread and start a new one with a new poll? I'd be curious to see a poll now that a little time has passed. I feel like maybe Vitor Pereira would be in the lead now (I know I for one would be changing my vote). Any chance of that? I know all new manager threads get merged here so didn't want to start a new one.

good shout that.

Maybe I am being a little sensitive here but some of the stuff about our current staff rubs me the wrong way (even though I agree with the sentiment that an internal promotion is NOT the way to go).

I like Phil, Weir and of course Dunc is a legend ... even Stubbs (Rooney and weird hatred of stats aside) ... and Round of course.

Again, perhaps being too sensitive but some of the stuff I've read (here and elsewhere) seems a little over the top. It's BK's fault if he picks one of them. One day any of them might make a fine manager of our club. However a top six side in the Prem (which lives and dies in no small part from transfer profit and league finish money) is NOT the place to learn your trade (even if you have been coaching at a lower level in that same team).

It's just not their time. No hard feelings and one day I think we'd all be over the bloody moon if one of them like Dunc (with more experience) were our manager. It's practically his destiny if he's up for it and things go well in the lower leagues. It's just not the right time ... for any of them ... not yet.

I wish them the best of luck if they stay here or go elsewhere. Maybe one day ... but today is WAY too early for any of them to be the manager of EFC. However they've all done a job for us over the years and I have a lot of respect for them.

Last edited:
Wouldn't want Benitez, he lost the plot at Liverpool was a disaster at Inter and Chelsea should have been challenging for the league this season not for 3rd place. They were knocked out of the Champions league and were then entered into the Europa at the later stages, with the money their squad is worth winning it is hardly a massive sucess.He would prob blow our whole transfer buget on somebody like Babel, Aquilani or Lucas. He talks sh*te and is a bell, No thank you from me.

Maybe I am being a little sensitive here but some of the stuff about our current staff rubs me the wrong way (even though I agree with the sentiment that an internal promotion is NOT the way to go).

I like Phil, Weir and of course Dunc is a legend ... even Stubbs isn't so bad (Rooney and weird hatred of stats aside) ... and Round of course.

Again, perhaps being too sensitive but some of the venom seems a little over the top. It's BK's fault if he picks one of them. One day any of them might make a fine manager of our club. However a top six side in the Prem (which lives and dies in no small part from transfer profit and league finish money) is NOT the place to learn your trade (even if you have been coaching at a lower level in that same team). It's just not their time. No hard feelings and one day I think we'd all be over the bloody moon if Dunc (with more experience) were our manager. It's practically his destiny if he's up for it and things go well in the lower leagues. It's just not the right time ... for any of them ... not yet.

I wish them the best of luck if they stay here or go elsewhere. Maybe one day ... but today is WAY too early for any of them to be the manager of EFC. However they've all done a job for us over the years and I have a lot of respect for them.

Couldn't agree more

I like Phil, Weir and of course Dunc is a legend ... even Stubbs isn't so bad (Rooney and weird hatred of stats aside) ... and Round of course.

Again, perhaps being too sensitive but some of the venom seems a little over the top. It's BK's fault if he picks one of them. One day any of them might make a fine manager of our club. However a top six side in the Prem (which lives and dies in no small part from transfer profit and league finish money) is NOT the place to learn your trade (even if you have been coaching at a lower level in that same team). It's just not their time. No hard feelings and one day I think we'd all be over the bloody moon if Dunc (with more experience) were our manager. It's practically his destiny if he's up for it and things go well in the lower leagues. It's just not the right time ... for any of them ... not yet.

Well put mate.(y)

Well said :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back