Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I am being a little sensitive here but some of the stuff about our current staff rubs me the wrong way (even though I agree with the sentiment that an internal promotion is NOT the way to go).

I like Phil, Weir and of course Dunc is a legend ... even Stubbs (Rooney and weird hatred of stats aside) ... and Round of course.

Again, perhaps being too sensitive but some of the stuff I've read (here and elsewhere) seems a little over the top. It's BK's fault if he picks one of them. One day any of them might make a fine manager of our club. However a top six side in the Prem (which lives and dies in no small part from transfer profit and league finish money) is NOT the place to learn your trade (even if you have been coaching at a lower level in that same team).

It's just not their time. No hard feelings and one day I think we'd all be over the bloody moon if one of them like Dunc (with more experience) were our manager. It's practically his destiny if he's up for it and things go well in the lower leagues. It's just not the right time ... for any of them ... not yet.

I wish them the best of luck if they stay here or go elsewhere. Maybe one day ... but today is WAY too early for any of them to be the manager of EFC. However they've all done a job for us over the years and I have a lot of respect for them.

Absolutely spot on that mate. Moyes infuriates me with this. It's no place for a rookie manager the PL. Placing down cones at FF isn't the box to get ticked to get this job. It'll stink of cronyism if it's an internal candidate.

All told, I wish Moyes would just **** off to United. This club has nothing to do with him now. The ego of the man is reaching frightening levels. You'd think he'd earned the right to pick and choose his replacement. He hasn't.

All told, I wish Moyes would just **** off to United. This club has nothing to do with him now. The ego of the man is reaching frightening levels. You'd think he'd earned the right to pick and choose his replacement. He hasn't.

Bang on.

Absolutely spot on that mate. Moyes infuriates me with this. It's no place for a rookie manager the PL. Placing down cones at FF isn't the box to get ticked to get this job. It'll stink of cronyism if it's an internal candidate.

applause-o.gif

Crying and shaking here lad

I completely agree 100 million per cent. The day you bring league championships, European cups and F.A Cups to Everton is the day you get to have a say in who takes over from you

Crying and shaking here lad

Got his standing ovation last Sunday now he's hanging around like a bad smell. "Kingmaker" that feller. Absolute joke.

He'll get ribboned in that job at OT - and I cant say I'll be too gutted when it happens either.

If this current scenario doesn't illustrate just why exactly Everton haven't kicked on in 11 years under Moyes & Kenwright then I do not know what will. Each in one another's pockets to the very end whilst the rest of us stand around aghast and opened mouthed trying to hold our clubs honour and dignity close to our chests

Last edited:

Emery, Pereira, Jesus, Girard, Pellegrini (if he doesn't go to City), Tuchel. Three of those have expressed an interest in managing in England since Moyes finally revealed his intentions, so unless they're holding out for a vacancy to open at Arsenal, Tottenham or Liverpool then I'd say Everton would have a good chance of getting on of them.

I can't believe anyone is buying Kenwright's line about carrying on the way things are.

I like the thought of Jesus taking over from the Moysiah

I don't know much of any of them truth be told, if they will be...

..getting more out of the flair and attacking players (the failure to regularly get the best out of proven goalscorers hampered Moyes), and integrating youth players that would prevent any further waste of limited resources on old pros such as Hitzlsperger and Naismith,

as you say and he improves us whilst not forsaking our ability to defend, I'm all for it. Not sure why your so angry bro or would think I am not up for it?

I don't want things the way they are, I want them better, I want champions league and trophies out me arse.... Getting the man to do this isn't easy, in fact getting one that can tread water with us even with funds isn't easy, but I know damn well that regardless of who is chosen that Kenwright will get massive amounts of s**t if it doesn't work, even if the most fans wanted that person. My post quoting you was to do with the amount of trouble ahead for Kenwright and how its unavoidable unless he gets very lucky.

The problem for Bill and the board is that there is no stand out manager the fans want so he is royally f***ed almost whatever happens, because regardless of who he chooses, the majority of the fans want someone else.. (i.e looking at the poll above, at the mo 33% want Laudrup but the majority.. ie. 67% want someone else even if that is spread over 10 other managers), so unless the person he chooses is epic and lifts us to trophy glory whilst maintaining our league position he is going to be in for a sh*tstorm with the fans who would of chosen someone else.

Now please stop insinuating I am buying into anything Kenwwright has ever said.

I will however say there was a lot more quality to Moyes and Everton over the last decade than some will ever give him credit for.

Got his standing ovation last Sunday now he's hanging around like a bad smell. "Kingmaker" that feller. Absolute joke.

He'll get ribboned in that job at OT - and I cant say I'll be too gutted when it happens either.

You better believe it. Am so tired of hearing how great he is. Lets see how cock sure moyes feels come december when utd are out of the top 3 and the CL

Dont **** him off Davek lad you may get some nasty internet glares

I like the thought of Jesus taking over from the Moysiah

I don't know much of any of them truth be told, if they will be...

..getting more out of the flair and attacking players (the failure to regularly get the best out of proven goalscorers hampered Moyes), and integrating youth players that would prevent any further waste of limited resources on old pros such as Hitzlsperger and Naismith,

as you say and he improves us whilst not forsaking our ability to defend, I'm all for it. Not sure why your so angry bro or would think I am not up for it?

I don't want things the way they are, I want them better, I want champions league and trophies out me arse.... Getting the man to do this isn't easy, in fact getting one that can tread water with us even with funds isn't easy, but I know damn well that regardless of who is chosen that Kenwright will get massive amounts of s**t if it doesn't work, even if the most fans wanted that person. My post quoting you was to do with the amount of trouble ahead for Kenwright and how its unavoidable unless he gets very lucky.

The problem for Bill and the board is that there is no stand out manager the fans want so he is royally f***ed almost whatever happens, because regardless of who he chooses, the majority of the fans want someone else.. (i.e looking at the poll above, at the mo 33% want Laudrup but the majority.. ie. 67% want someone else even if that is spread over 10 other managers), so unless the person he chooses is epic and lifts us to trophy glory whilst maintaining our league position he is going to be in for a sh*tstorm with the fans who would of chosen someone else.

Now please stop insinuating I am buying into anything Kenwwright has ever said.

I will however say there was a lot more quality to Moyes and Everton over the last decade than some will ever give him credit for.

His quality never amounted to silverware and that is the be all and end all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back