Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone any idea at all if sheedy would be any good?! out of any internal candidates hes the only one who would be interesting and i dont even know why...

Won a league or cup with the U18's. Not really relevant but he'd be appointed on potential and what he'd done as a player if it ever happened. I wouldn't be averse to seeing Sheedy get a go if Moyes went.

It's true that Moyes is incredibly frustrating at times, none more so than on these massive let downs but it's also fair to point out a degree of the improvement he has brought about. There are only 2 managers in our history with a better improvement ratio - the best being (not surprisingly) Joe Royle, following Mike Walker - by a country mile, and then Howard Kendall (after the mixed bag that was Gordon Lee). Harry Catterick is only marginally behind Moyes but enjoyed three major advantages - he inherited a decent team, had money to spend (which he did rather well with those signings) and he also brought titles and trophies (and style for that matter).

It's true that Moyes is incredibly frustrating at times, none more so than on these massive let downs but it's also fair to point out a degree of the improvement he has brought about. There are only 2 managers in our history with a better improvement ratio - the best being (not surprisingly) Joe Royle, following Mike Walker - by a country mile, and then Howard Kendall (after the mixed bag that was Gordon Lee). Harry Catterick is only marginally behind Moyes but enjoyed three major advantages - he inherited a decent team, had money to spend (which he did rather well with those signings) and he also brought titles and trophies (and style for that matter).
48-0 is all I need to know

Who could do better with such limited funds? I don't think its a question of has Moyes peaked but of whether the board has peaked.

Who could do better with such limited funds? I don't think its a question of has Moyes peaked but of whether the board has peaked.

The answer to that is probably who knows ? We appointed an incredibly succesful manager from rangers who in reality looked to have a decent cv he failed , we'd previously appointed a 'bright young thing ' who'd taken a small club to the top of the table the highlight winning at bayern Munich but he failed really badly . The bloke who has done well had got preston to the championship but failed to get promotion to the prem , by the far the worst cv of the three but he's been relatively succesful , it shows how tough it is to call .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back