Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thinking now, after the 2008/09 season, when we looked so good finishing 5th and getting into the final, would we have excepted not getting into Europe for 4 years in a row after that?

In my opinion no, Moyes has failed in that regard and our fans never seem to highlight that.

Kenwright has numerous faults but you yourself have said he's not stupid , he's going to have to play this really carefully or he really will get a backlash . Kenwright was prepared to pay moyes exceptionally well , 'relative success' aside maybe as much as anything to act as a protective buffer .

This is an appointment that'll have to be well thought out , a sentimental internal appointment could work but I think it'll be someone at least perceived as a decent appointment . Take Martinez manager of the team that knocked up out, FA cup finalists (maybe ) ,taking Wigan to Europe and a bloke who turned down the RS and came to us . That's the way I'd play it out

He may go Championship again. Moyes is on a kings ransom at Everton. I doubt the board will want to throw that type of cash at a new man. They could actually look to make a bit of a saving here given Moyes is the best paid member of the team staff.

I dont think we'll get a name, tbh. If not one of the 'unemployables', or internals it'll be someone like Malky Mackay or another well tipped up and coming manager.

I respect other peoples opinions, and some will differ to mine, but with regards to Neil Lennon, he may in time be revered as a Celtic managerial legend but it will be by default.

He is winning a one team league, losing more games than his team should. In reality he should be sweeping up a domestic treble. Before Rangers imploded his team threw away a league title.

The guy is a massive n**head. I know the sectarianism is a long standing problem between the Glasgow football clubs, but the problems he had were not helped by his own attitude.

I wouldn't be entirely against Mackay. Did a good job at Watford and now he's got Cardiff in a strong position for promotion and playing some pretty decent football.

Poyet would be another one if he hadn't defended the buck toothed racist.

We'll end up with Di Canio won't we?

I respect other peoples opinions, and some will differ to mine, but with regards to Neil Lennon, he may in time be revered as a Celtic managerial legend but it will be by default.

He is winning a one team league, losing more games than his team should. In reality he should be sweeping up a domestic treble. Before Rangers imploded his team threw away a league title.

The guy is a massive n**head. I know the sectarianism is a long standing problem between the Glasgow football clubs, but the problems he had were not helped by his own attitude.

Stable job winning cups at a team guaranteed CL every year for the forseeable. Unless he's on a *pittance* at Celtic he's not coming to us anytime soon.

I wouldn't be entirely against Mackay. Did a good job at Watford and now he's got Cardiff in a strong position for promotion and playing some pretty decent football.

Poyet would be another one if he hadn't defended the buck toothed racist.

We'll end up with Di Canio won't we?

Plus the fact he'd knock **** out of Rodgers after a Derby.

Stable job winning cups at a team guaranteed CL every year for the forseeable. Unless he's on a *pittance* at Celtic he's not coming to us anytime soon.

I think he'd move to a championship club mate he's on less than £10k a week after his initial deal was massively increased , well he was and I'm confident he still is.

Just thinking now, after the 2008/09 season, when we looked so good finishing 5th and getting into the final, would we have excepted not getting into Europe for 4 years in a row after that?

In my opinion no, Moyes has failed in that regard and our fans never seem to highlight that.

I don't disagree with you. I think most Evertonians have supported him as they realise the boards failings as the bigger evil.

If you look at things from purely a team performance based point of view then his five year span since his contract signing he has been a failure.

However, during this period we went two years without buying a first team player and seemed to engage in a fire sale at one point. We also brought in a striker from the third tier on a free transfer so we could sell for a fee a year down the line.

I think he'd move to a championship club mate he's on less than £10k a week after his initial deal was massively increased , well he was and I'm confident he still is.

Didn't realise he was on that. I know he sounded desperate to keep his job a couple of years back. Sounds like (Reid at the time?) they took the piss.

As long as it's not Gary Megson or somebody equally League One standard I don't mind.

I'm firmly against Moyes now and think he's best to just go and let somebody else take over. But only he can decide as he'll never, ever be sacked by Kenwright.

I'd like a foreign manager with knowledge of a decent league, either Spain, Germany, Italy or France. Dunno who, like, but that'd be refreshing and could shake us up a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back