Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems Moyes final months will be remembered as a complete failure, which is a shame after all of the good work he has done for Everton.

Similar to David Weir when he was coming to the end of his career.

Despite him being so consistent over the years and a credit to the club, some could not resist sticking the boot in.

It seems Moyes final months will be remembered as a complete failure, which is a shame after all of the good work he has done for Everton.

Similar to David Weir when he was coming to the end of his career.

Despite him being so consistent over the years and a credit to the club, some could not resist sticking the boot in.

It's a well worn path mate, Kev the rat got dogs abuse in his latter days, when he'd lost his pace.

The difference is, Moyes has created this, so he deserves no sympathy imo.

Poyet's got a good thing going on down in Brighton. New stadium, team on the up, board that backs him.. why he's want to jack that all in for the Goodison hotseat is beyond me.

Money & prestige, same as a every manager & player moves on.

He's got 3 years left on his current deal, so that probably means he's straight off Bills list anyway - Bosmans only for Kenwright.

Poyet's got a good thing going on down in Brighton. New stadium, team on the up, board that backs him.. why he's want to jack that all in for the Goodison hotseat is beyond me.

He'll lose about a quarter of his squad to rape convictions later this year.

He's a racism apologist, and over rated.

Plus, I really don't like him.

Yer I am with you there mate

Why would Poyet want to take over one of the top 8 clubs in the Premier League

we've NEVER won an away game at those in the top 4 spots in any given season
Were City not a top 4 team when we beat them? Doesn't really change your point either way though.

Think the "Moyes facts" meme has reached its end though (not that people will stop). Very few people (even those who rate him as a manager) think it would work well for him to stay at this point.

I won't even get to say "I told you so" when we're crap again because of how this has played out. ;) I guess it's not impossible for Moyes to turn it around but it seems like a massive long-shot at this point.

Rather have lost to a lower league team than a Martinez-helmed team whose win raises his stock as our potential new manager. He's probably the only employed manager we could afford to buy out.

The fact people think the idea Laudrup would never leave his team to come here (that we can't woo someone away from Swansea FFS) is the most depressing part of it all.

If people are upset we can't beat top four sides how does not being a big enough club to attract the manager of Swansea rest with you?

Last edited:
Reading+manager+Brian+McDermott.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back