Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're not being walked over though, Moyes and the club agree'd the Chelsea game would be his last managerial involvement, now he's free to pack up his things and move to Utd. It's not adversely effecting the club in any way.

That's fine if we are not paying him. If we are it is disrespectful IMO.

Me too. I don't get all this internal appointment is small time and Bs. Yes it is a risk but so is any appointment. For the people clambering for Pereira etc, that is also a massive risk.

Some of the football played this year has been very good. Against West Ham and also yesterday for periods we played some lovely stuff. If we can make an internal appointment and they can use the foundations that Moyes has instilled and bring a few new fresh ideas of their own then I am happy with this.

My biggest issue with Moyes was being too defensive at times, but whose too say that Stubbs, Neville or Weir etc will be exactly the same? Truth is nobody knows until whoever gets the job settles down after about a 1/3 of a season and we can see their philosophy on the game.

A lot of people on here are missing the point about the next manager, we need a manager who has a vast knowledge of players around the world who he can buy and develop into stars to move us forward and make a profit on, Nevile,Stubbs and ferguson have Zero experience on this front, so for that reason if this should happen we really are a small club with NO Ambition other than to just stay in the premier league.
On another point get moyes out of his office asap what the hell is he going to man utd training ground now the ****.

I'm not totally against a internal like most. Of course the downside to that is an un-experienced PL level manager having a go at a top 6 club. The big plus to that is continuity, knowing the players, there weakness's, the transfer targets ect ect...

Even the most die-hard moyes basher's would surely have to admit he has put the club on a excellent footing in terms of scouting, training, club ethos ect, even if you question his tactics, style ect.

An internal appointment would at least carry on the above but Everyman is his own man so a Stubbs, big dunc will still have there own style, tactics ect...

Again I'd like to stress I'm not saying this IS the way me must go but I'm definately keeping an open mind to it.

watching Chelsea game is really obvious how well our players know each other, will take a long time for anyone to get that back if we lose it. I definitely want an exciting new approach with the bulk of this squad still in place, but as you say I have no idea if that means external or internal. Think the questions kenwright should be asking any potential manager is what matters and if the fans have an input it should be that rather than just pointing at a range of managers that has caught our eye. I would want to hear someone talking about the players already here that matter to the team to much to lose, how they can get a bit extra out of some of them, and how good some of the younger players are and how they are going to be blended in. If they can't do that then they are off the short list

I cannot believe we are, according to the Echo, talking to four internal candidates, and Martinez only. How short-sighted?
Pereira would come by all accounts, at least talk to him!

I can't see Kenwright going for Pereira, he will want someone who knows the prem.

Pereira looks like an excellent manager and we should definitely talk to him, there's no harm in that.

That's fine if we are not paying him. If we are it is disrespectful IMO.

I assume he's been released from his contract seeing as he's taken his last training session and match. Either way, I don't really see the big deal, we have bigger things to be worrying about.

I cannot believe we are, according to the Echo, talking to four internal candidates, and Martinez only. How short-sighted?
Pereira would come by all accounts, at least talk to him!

Maybe Bill is lining up his next two managers at once....an internal appointment now and, having sold Baines, Fellaini etc, we will be 18th at Christmas. He can then bring Martinez in as he has experience of relegation dogfights. Very shrewed of Bill isn't it?
Actually, God help us.

I assume he's been released from his contract seeing as he's taken his last training session and match. Either way, I don't really see the big deal, we have bigger things to be worrying about.

You assume wrong.

He's saying that he's going to be looking after both clubs for a week or 2. It's beyond a joke now tbh, just tell him to clear his desk Bill you dope.

He needs a couple of days to negotiate the transfer of a couple of players from one of his clubs to one of his other clubs. He´ll demand a respectable fee right but nothing too respectable. Players aren´t slaves after all.

Well said. And....Bill will probably pay him an agency commission on the sales too!

I've just found out Alan Stubbs has got the job. I can't say who told me but its done.

You can choose not to believe me but this is the way it is and I'm unhappy about this appointment.

CONFIRMED: Alan Stubbs is the new Everton manager.

I've just found out Alan Stubbs has got the job. I can't say who told me but its done.

You can choose not to believe me but this is the way it is and I'm unhappy about this appointment.

I've been told Stubbs thinks he's got it. That's hopefully a different matter to him being right about that.

Confirmed by who?

There's been too much cryptic babble from the club regarding our next managerial appointment. 'It could be internal this, Moyes is helping us that, I have a close idea to who it will be'. I know it's all behind closed doors these days but I'm hoping for some clarity from the club on who they're lining up not the credentials of their idea candidate. Whilst Martinez has remained odds on favourite the club has remained quiet. Is it early days or not? Should/have we got someone lined up knowing Moyes's days might have been numbered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back