Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's still pretty diabolical that the board formed absolutely no contingency plan when it became evident that there was every chance Moyes wouldn't renue his contract 9 months ago.

Worrying actually with what Moyes said after yesterday- along the lines of...

'I'd happily sit down with the Chairman and discuss my successor, it all depends if they want to continue with whats been done or go in a different direction'

So basically someone like Stubbs/Neville/Round/Weir to carry on as it is or someone external with new ideas.

I also think a big reason why they may look internally is that so many ex players wont lose their jobs at the club...

I don't think that's the case, every coach/manager will have different ideas to Moyes in one way or another. I think it's more likely that Moyes would recommend someone external who has a similar way of doing things.

I don't think that's the case, every coach/manager will have different ideas to Moyes in one way or another. I think it's more likely that Moyes would recommend someone external who has a similar way of doing things.

He has said any of his coaches could do it, that is who he will recommend.

Stubbs, Weir or Neville, would be a massive risk, as they've got ZERO experience of football management.

To give the job to any one of them would be a mistake in my book, as we can't afford to have a new manager 'cutting his teeth' at Goodison ffs! There's a world of difference between being a coach & a manager.

Moyes is made out to be the greatest thing ever on here...Why? 11 years, won nothing ( 1 bloomin final ) He was good at his job and will do well at Man Utd ( I would though to be honest )

He hardly ever had a plan B, and sometimes no Plan A. I think he was here too long, we need a change.

I wish him well, but I am glad he has gone. We now have a chance to change what had become the norm.

I was at the game yesterday, and I thought we played really well. I am warming to the idea of an internal appointment, if we aren't going to get a top manager. There isn't much wrong with this team and I would sooner spend what money we have on players rather than manager.

Me too. I don't get all this internal appointment is small time and Bs. Yes it is a risk but so is any appointment. For the people clambering for Pereira etc, that is also a massive risk.

Some of the football played this year has been very good. Against West Ham and also yesterday for periods we played some lovely stuff. If we can make an internal appointment and they can use the foundations that Moyes has instilled and bring a few new fresh ideas of their own then I am happy with this.

My biggest issue with Moyes was being too defensive at times, but whose too say that Stubbs, Neville or Weir etc will be exactly the same? Truth is nobody knows until whoever gets the job settles down after about a 1/3 of a season and we can see their philosophy on the game.

Last edited:
Please don't compare us to Barcelona that's just embarrassing. The reason Barcelona did it was because they didn't really need tinkering with. It's basically the same. We on the other hand have a few things that need addressing and quickly. We need fresh blood with fresh ideas. Bringing in someone with no managerial experience is crazy in my opinion and reeks of small time thinking and exposes the board for the cheapskates that they are.
To be fair to the lad he didn't compareus to barcelona did he.... You're twisting what he said to suit your own argument. He merely pointed out historically many teams have promoted from within, Barcelona being one of them. How is that comparing us to barca ? Some people need to get a grip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back